Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Google Base - Expected response code 200, got 400

B00MER

Total Posts:  130
DFW, TX

I’m still having this issue even after upgrading to 1.3.1.  The fix doesn’t help either listed on here… anyone else still having this issue still?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

cntbill

Total Posts:  107
PA

hmmmm

I wonder if this issue if fixed in new “Enterprise Edition”?  Heck and its “Pricing starts at $8,900 USD for a single server environment -” Only!

Magento Community
Magento Community

B00MER

DFW, TX

After trying to get this working on a clients account, he has a multiple account google base account, I tried my own personal one and noticed something strange… His account settings doesn’t have the URL and such within it, you have to go under a the cliente list in order to get to these settings, but even with the proper settings still unable to get them to work.

I’m not sure if this is something to do with how your Google account is setup, or if Magento is taking it into consideration when integrating with the Google Base API.  I informed the client to contact Google for more insight and will post my findings here…

Image Attachments
untitled.GIF

Magento Community
Magento Community

mike4zen

Total Posts:  2

I am having the same problem.  I have tried adding this code, but still get no luck.

if ($object->getId ()) {
$this->_setAttribute(’id’,$object->getId ());
}

All i get is:  Expected response code 200, got 400

no further explanation. 

Any ideas?

Magento Community
Magento Community

refraim

Total Posts:  19

I tried just about all the so called FIX but nothing works
what is going on with the project managements the google base feature is on of the most needed feature in the shopping cart
at lease we should have another feature with the posibilty to export text or XML file so we can upload it to google base manually.
I works weeks to create my multi shops and it drive me crazy that I cant publish my stores

is there anyone from management is reading and monitoring the Forum??
I posted all kind of questions from how to… to technical support and I never got any satisfying answer.
I like Magento when it works but its full of bugs every time yuo upgraded it from one version to a newer it screw things up instead of fixing bugs it actually create new bugs.

I like to hear some respond and maybe someone have a REAL fix for google base

Magento Community
Magento Community

osindustries

Total Posts:  15

This is really worrying me that this issue is so widespread and not yet resolved, and they are touting the new enterprise edition, I am worrying that I spent so much time, effort and money moving to this platform only to be left in the dust.

Magento Community
Magento Community

B00MER

DFW, TX

Do you guys with the issue have multiple sites under the webmaster area of Google on the account you trying to use?  As my client used another Google account he had and was able to get it working just the same but there is only one domain associated with his account in the webmaster area, I told him to contact Google to find out about converting his other account from a multi one to a single since this seems to be the issue.

From what it sounds like this is a potential bug with Magento and needs to be looked into as Google base is a huge help in pushing products to search engines and possible buyers of the goods listed.

Magento Community
Magento Community

mike4zen

Total Posts:  2

I am not using multiple sites.  Only single.  Very frustrated..

Any freelancers who have figured this out want to make a little extra cash? 

Contact me:  mike@shopmusicgear.com

Magento Community
Magento Community

Salustore

Total Posts:  73

I have the same problem… don’t understand why Magento don’t answer this long discussion

Magento Community
Magento Community

elfling
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  901

I have this working on 4 sites in 1.3.1.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Oldgamer

Total Posts:  142

Nic1970 - 22 April 2009 10:05 PM

I have the same problem… don’t understand why Magento don’t answer this long discussion

I think that they are busy with Enterprise edition. I am not sure if these bugs are fixed there, and who is gonna pay more than $8000 if they are not? And btw, before buying this expensive product I want to try free version at first, right? Do they think that after trying buggy free version I will buy an expensive one? I like Magento and think that it is really have a good future and I hope that Magento team will solve these bugs anyway. But, hey, this is a theme for another discussion, not here.

Magento Community
Magento Community

LarMan128

Total Posts:  14

Incognito - 25 February 2009 10:02 AM

Google wants all items to have an id so
Add this code

if ($object->getId ()) {
$this
->_setAttribute('id',$object->getId ());
}
to app/code/core/Mage/GoogleBase/Model/Service/Item.php in the _setUniversalData() function after $entry = $this->getEntry(); line247

this worked for me...Thanks!

Magento Community
Magento Community

taikahn

Total Posts:  35

... and yet another point of magento failure—honestly this shopping cart, it’s “support” system, this forum, etc… it’s all a joke.

Magento Community
Magento Community

JenniferAslan

Total Posts:  20
Pacific Northwest

Hi all, this problem seems to be fixed for me by adding this code (thanks, joseph23):

if ($object->getSku()) {
$this
->_setAttribute('id',$object->getSku());
}

to /app/code/core/Mage/GoogleBase/Model/Service/Item.php, in the _setUniversalData() funcition, right after line 246, which said:

$entry $this->getEntry();

I’m using version 1.2.1.1.

Magento Community
Magento Community

dotprkirk

Total Posts:  50

^^^

appears to be working on my 1.2.1 as well.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community