Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Google Base - Expected response code 200, got 400

Oldgamer

Total Posts:  142

I noticed that I can add about 190 items maximum at time(sometimes I can add less than that), but should make a pause in a couple hours if I want to add another set of items.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

SteveDowns

Total Posts:  2

I have reported this bug.

wink See Issue # 11609

Magento Community
Magento Community

Incognito
Guru

Total Posts:  322
Michigan

Costa - 09 March 2009 06:43 PM

I have edited the code like Incognito suggested.
Now when i try and edit a product in Magento which has been previously uploaded to GBase i get the same error:

Expected response code 200, got 400
Not allowed to modify the g:id of an existing item.

Anyone else is getting this?

Thansks

You need to log in to google base and delete all the items before you implement the fix

Magento Community
Magento Community

rfairman

Total Posts:  21
Ontario, Canada

Incognito - 25 February 2009 10:02 AM

Google wants all items to have an id so
Add this code

if ($object->getId ()) {
$this
->_setAttribute('id',$object->getId ());
}
to app/code/core/Mage/GoogleBase/Model/Service/Item.php in the _setUniversalData() function after $entry = $this->getEntry(); line247

This worked for me! Thanks so much!
Rhonda
www.quitstix.net

Magento Community
Magento Community

display-stand

Total Posts:  16

Incognito’s fix worked for me to, thank you very much!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Tiff

Total Posts:  107
Upstate NY

Incognito - 25 February 2009 10:02 AM

Google wants all items to have an id so
Add this code

if ($object->getId ()) {
$this
->_setAttribute('id',$object->getId ());
}
to app/code/core/Mage/GoogleBase/Model/Service/Item.php in the _setUniversalData() function after $entry = $this->getEntry(); line247

I’m using 1.2.1.2 and I don’t have the UniversalData line to add to.

My expected 200, got 400 error shows in my page source as being “duplicate description.”

Not sure if maybe it’s because some of my descriptions have quotes in them to represent inches...?????

Any ideas?  And why don’t I have the above mentioned code?? Did they take that out in 1.2.1.2?

Magento Community
Magento Community

stylesofny

Total Posts:  39

ok my google base has officially stopped working. i tried adding the code as mentioned by incognito but i end up getting the same error.
is it possible that you can post exactly how it should look after the code has been added. i am using version 1.2.0.2. I am afraid of upgrading to the latest as it usually causes nothing but problems.

yea if someone that got it to work could post maybe 10-15 lines of the code with the fix added in so i can make sure i am adding it correctly, i would greatly appreciate it.

Magento Community
Magento Community

schunard

Total Posts:  3

code worked perfectly for me:) Ty Ty:)

heres how the code looked for me, I bolded the added code:

$service = $this->getService();
$object = $this->getObject();
$entry = $this->getEntry();
if ($object->getId ()) {
$this->_setAttribute(’id’,$object->getId ());
}

if ($object->getName()) {
$title = $service->newTitle()->setText( $object->getName() );
$entry->setTitle($title);
}

Magento Community
Magento Community

quikprint

Total Posts:  14

ive tried adding the code, the first error went away, but now I get this..

Notice: Use of undefined constant �id� - assumed ‘�id�’ in /home/jonzarac/public_html/shop/app/code/core/Mage/GoogleBase/Model/Service/Item.php

I have checked all the syntax etc, but still had no joy… if anyone else also got the same as above, what did you do to resolve it?

Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

cntbill

Total Posts:  107
PA

incognito’s info worked for me, v2.3.0.  Thanks Alot!  But the line below his info looked too similar (I’m not a programmer by any means) so I commented the line out, paste below what I did:

$this->_setAttribute(’id’,$object->getId ());
}
/** $this->_setAttribute(’id’, $object->getId() . ‘_’ . $this->getStoreId(), ‘text’);
* this line above
*/

At first it didn’t work, I refreshed the cache and still didn’t work, so I went to - Configuration>Advance>Advance, and disabled Mage_GoogleBase. Then went to - Catalog>GoogleBase>Manage Items, and the page was blank, went back and enabled Mage_GoogleBase, refresh cache, then back to GoogleBase>Manage Items, and was able to publish.... go figure. So now I am able to publish without errors not sure yet if new products will show up automatically or not since I haven’t added anything yet, but at least I am able to publish through Manage Items

Magento Community
Magento Community

stylesofny

Total Posts:  39

i can’t seem to get it working for me, i just upgraded to version 2.3.0 and still not luck. If someone could send me the modified version of that item.php file that would be great. service@stylesofny.com thank you.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Incognito
Guru

Total Posts:  322
Michigan

stylesofny - 07 April 2009 05:50 AM

i can’t seem to get it working for me, i just upgraded to version 2.3.0 and still not luck. If someone could send me the modified version of that item.php file that would be great. service@stylesofny.com thank you.

You may want to look into your attribute mapping, and cheek to see if the name or description field is too long

Magento Community
Magento Community

osindustries

Total Posts:  15

I tried everything outlined in this thread.  I still get the following error

Expected response code 200, got 400 Customer Website URL is not specified. Please fill in your profile at http://www.google.com/base/settings.

I didn’t change anything in my google base settings, I am using the latest version of magento

Magento Community
Magento Community

wsj3
Guru

Total Posts:  521
Portland, OR

Anyone know if this is fixed and working in 1.3?

Magento Community
Magento Community

hippie geek

Total Posts:  3

wsj3 - 11 April 2009 07:52 PM

Anyone know if this is fixed and working in 1.3?

Not by default. I just upgraded and after fixing all the other nutty bugs, I’m left with this one.  Googlebase ALMOST worked for me on v 1.1 but hasn’t since and I had given up in hopes that this new version would fix it without me having to change any core code.

No such luck - I get this error:

“Expected response code 200, got 400 The item URL is not valid or it dosen’t match the customer home page domain.”

Boo hoo.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community