Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Google Base - Expected response code 200, got 400

noobuserr

Total Posts:  11
Ohio

OK, so my site works and I can check out with Google check out, but it will not under any circumstances publish my products to Google base! I can add my products to Google base and it shows the Google base ID number, but when I try to publish it asks me to type in the code from the picture, which I do and it tells me that I got it correct. The problem is, is that it does not actually publish the items and if I log in to Google, it shows no items as being published. If i try to synchronize the items, it just deletes everything from the list since it can’t be found. I updated to Flash 10 (ironically enough) and now I get the dreaded red error message “Expected response code 200, got 400 “. It is really annoying so any suggestions welcome. I did some reading and nothing seems to work. My Magento account settings and log in are all correct for Google API.

Thanks
Paul

www.copiacart.com

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Oldgamer

Total Posts:  142

I cannot relate the problem to any software update on my computer, as it stop working on all computers I try. It just stop working some day.
I notice interesting thing now: when I checked my products in Google, I noticed the new field and I don’t know how it appears in there: c_condition. I mapped attribute condition to Google field condition. When API worked fine I saw field condition correctly in a Google items.
Now when I checked Google items I noticed field c_condition which I never made. It has value 1. Correct field “condition” also exist and has correct value.I noticed this mystery c_condition field even in items which have been created by uploading file to Google, not using API. More, recently I checked again and I noticed more that one, even up to 4 the same c_condition fields. It is a mystery how it appears in a Google. On a Google page where it recommends to add additional fields I can see c_condition field in a list. What is going on? I feel that something probably is broken in a Google.

Magento Community
Magento Community

vij

Total Posts:  81

after adding this
(if ($object->getId ()) {
$this->_setAttribute(’id’,$object->getId ());
} ) code to item.php
im getting fatal error (Call to a member function getTargetCountry() on a non-object in app/code/core/Mage/GoogleBase/Model/Service/Item.php on line 286)
pls help
thanks in advance

Magento Community
Magento Community

adonkey

Total Posts:  67

Incognito - 25 February 2009 10:02 AM

Google wants all items to have an id so
Add this code

if ($object->getId ()) {
$this
->_setAttribute('id',$object->getId ());
}
to app/code/core/Mage/GoogleBase/Model/Service/Item.php in the _setUniversalData() function after $entry = $this->getEntry(); line247

Thx m8, fixed it for me

I’m running Magento ver. 1.2.1.2 and it still wasn’t working until I added that ^

Have the Dev team been told about this ?

Magento Community
Magento Community

vij

Total Posts:  81

hi Incognito thanks for ur help
ur code solved my problem
thanks once again
wink

Magento Community
Magento Community

DrBillNye

Total Posts:  96
Boulder, CO

adding the code snippet allowed me to add products to the sync table but I still can’t publish, I get the same error.  Anyone else?

Magento Community
Magento Community

kimchi209

I get a new error after adding incognito’s code…

Notice: Use of undefined constant �id� - assumed ‘�id�’ in /home/peaktope/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/GoogleBase/Model/Service/Item.php on line 248

any thoughts>?

Magento Community
Magento Community

DrBillNye

Total Posts:  96
Boulder, CO

kimchi make sure you got the complete syntax of the code.  You might be missing a semi colon or something simple like that (check your previous line too to make sure things are still intact.

Magento Community
Magento Community

kimchi209

ALLRIGHT! Just started working again. THANK THE LORD! LOL. I have been fussing over this for about a week. Google Base must have changed their requirements it seems. THANKS SO MUCH!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Oldgamer

After I added code to my test store it started to work: I successfully added and then deleted item from Google.
Then I copied changed file to my production store, and when tried to add item to Google I got the error “Namespace Error”.  :(

Magento Community
Magento Community

PremierWeb

Total Posts:  16

Since Google’s response is in API format, the error is actually more detailed than what is displaying in the browser.  View source in your browser and you’ll see the exact error bracketed inside of <errors> tags that will help you troubleshoot product upload errors:

<div id="messages"><ul class="messages"><li class="error-msg"><ul><li>Expected response code 200got 400
<errors>
  <
error type="data" field="image_link" reason="This entry is not of type URL." />
</
errors></li></ul></li></ul></div>

For example, this particular error was caused by an invalid URL for the image_link property.  Since we use an extension to SEO our image names, we detected that there were invalid characters in the image URL.  We made the code changes, cleared our image cache, and then product uploaded fine.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Oldgamer

Update:
I removed my test sub domain, made changes in a code shown above and it starts working (Google base update).

Probably Magento team will make changes in a next update.

Magento Community
Magento Community

avintel

Total Posts:  147
Southern California

incognito’s thing pretty much worked for me.  i can add about 20 products at a time but it takes FOREVER! like worse then data flow if that was possible.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Costa

Total Posts:  56
Shenzhen China

I have edited the code like Incognito suggested.
Now when i try and edit a product in Magento which has been previously uploaded to GBase i get the same error:

Expected response code 200, got 400
Not allowed to modify the g:id of an existing item.

Anyone else is getting this?

Thansks

Magento Community
Magento Community

vianetz
Guru

Total Posts:  537
Munich, Germany

Did you edit the SKU?

Magento Community