Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 14 of 14
Google Base - Expected response code 200, got 400

JeremyFP

Total Posts:  24
Fort Wayne, IN

Paine - 20 October 2010 08:08 AM

meta_description -> description results in duplicate error? Strange, I’ve not tinkered with the description at all, but I’ve altered the normal attribute mapping without any issues. Maybe that particular attribute is hard-coded into the plugin/module.

Exactly. They hard-coded some stuff into 1.4.1 (which probably fixed a good deal of the problems in this thread). Off-hand, I know that they’ve made name, description hard-coded. And you don’t have to have a condition=new anymore, so that’s probably hard-coded too.

I would expect to see Magento do an if/else to see if there’s a custom attrib in place before trying to submit a universal attribute, or even use a layout.xml update, but nope. It happily submits both and throws the duplicate error.

I tried killing the universal code references in /app/code/core/Mage/GoogleBase/Model/Service/Item.php (by commenting out lines 257 -260 and 278-281), and it worked for submitting the products (so long as I had a custom mapping set for title and for description).

However, it borked the updating script. With those lines commented, changes in your manage products won’t sync to GB, nor will the “syncronize” action in the Catalog > GB menu. It’s beyond my hack-fu to figure out where that update code is, or to make a conditional that will use the custom attribute when it’s present.

Of course, if anyone out there knows a workaround, I’d be very happy to hear it.

For expiration, I thought that the “Synchronize” command was supposed to update the date?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Paine

Total Posts:  73

Synchronize never worked for us. Just pushed any product updates that didn’t make it to GMC for some reason, but left the expiration date alone.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Paine

Total Posts:  73

Just reconfirmed this. Neither “Publish” or “Synchronize” will renew the expiration date.

Magento Community
Magento Community

positivesoso

Total Posts:  10

so i do have this question.and after some emial to the google.i unlock my account.

Magento Community
Magento Community

positivesoso

Total Posts:  10

google locked your account,you need contect google ,after 7~10 days,they will active your account.

Magento Community
Magento Community

tadwestie

Total Posts:  12

Help, can someone please tell me in the mapping for google base.  Product_type in google spread sheet please what is the term in Magento that is equivalent to product_type? 

We have a developer that knows Magento and I thought google base.  However we are showing an error on google base that out of 4400 products we have NO Product_type.  I went into attributes and found that he had not mapped anything.  So I did and have attached it.  However I do not know what to do now.  When we did the spread sheets by them selves I would save the file for that category and products in it.  Then I would also have the product_type accordingly.  Now if we run all of these together how do I specify between the different types when they are all together.  Do I need to have our developer change “Google Base Item Type” from Products to specific product types or change it where? question

Image Attachments
attributes.jpg

Magento Community
Magento Community

zhoutian84

Total Posts:  1

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_IF, expecting T_FUNCTION in /home/puredres/public_html/honeysbridal.com/app/code/core/Mage/GoogleBase/Model/Service/Item.php on line 249

Magento Community
Magento Community

fevira.com

Total Posts:  2

Must mapping the Required attribute.Please check the items from Feed Specification

http://www.google.com/support/merchants/bin/answer.py?answer=188494
http://www.google.com/support/merchants/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer;=171375

Magento Community
Magento Community

vuarnet

Total Posts:  11

I was getting the \\\"duplicate description\\\” error like some of you here—I checked the \\\"item.php\\\" file and it turns out that for Magento version 1.4.1.1 the \\\"description\\\" field is mapped by default. So when you map it manually in admin, it creates the duplicate.

So just deleting the attribute I had mapped manually for description solved the issue for me.

Hope this helps. smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

olaekerhov

Total Posts:  1

Hi,

Since Magento by default maps the product name attribute to GMC’s title attribute, I’m not able to add my own, custom written for GMC title. In order to compete with other online retailers, who sells our brand, I need to be able to include our brand name in the GMC title and, for obvious reasons, leave it out in the Magento product name attribute.

Error message when trying to map custom GMC title: “Expected response code 200, got 400. Type: data. Field: title. Reason: Duplicate title”.

Isn’t there a way to not have magento mapping the title by default?

Best,
Ola

Magento Community
Magento Community

Magento Expert6

Total Posts:  5

Deyter - 05 February 2010 11:00 AM

Hey jeffwashere,

as posted before: If you use version 1.3.2.4 just put this code

$this->_setAttribute(’condition’, ‘new’, ‘text’);

in
app/code/core/Mage/GoogleBase/Model/Service/iten.php in the function _setUniversalData() after $entry = $this->getEntry();.

And do NOT set the condition attribute under catalog > google base > manage attibutes.

That worked for me.

Best regards.

===============================
This fix work for Magento 1.3.2.4 with multiple stores. I checked

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 14 of 14