Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 13 of 14
Google Base - Expected response code 200, got 400

Paine

Total Posts:  73

The URL you send to Google Base needs to match the settings on the account. www or non-www needs to match.
Also, if you’re trying to do multi-site you need to request mutli-site Merchant account from google.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

giggler

Total Posts:  72

@paine - thanks - should it include the \"s\" - http or https? Both works in the frontend or does that part not matter?

I have it set to the following under googlebase settings and it says that’s it verified on googlebase:
https://www.domain.com/shop/

“You must specify your website’s URL on the settings page before uploading items with URLs.”
---this is referring to the settings page in googlebase and not in magento right?

Magento Community
Magento Community

giggler

OMG!! I got it working!

I was using one browser and it kept going to my gmail acc #1 and I entered the information there. But it ended up that the login info is for another gmail account #2. So i used another browser to login to acc #2 and entered the URL and verified the info there and everything worked.

Now if you use one browser and are logged into acc #1 and try to click on the link in magento, it will show as if the item doesn’t exist because that browser is logging you into acc #1 and not account #2. Hope that makes sense, but I’m just glad it finally works.

Magento Community
Magento Community

giggler

Hmmm...so the products now show up on googlebase and some even labelled “searchable”, but when I search using the title in google, it doesn’t show up. Under Dashboard’s Products overview, it shows active products as 0!?!

Did I miss something?

I read this on the google support “I have also found out that Google Product Search only displays items that allow for Google Checkout. “ is this true??

Magento Community
Magento Community

calebfbryant

Total Posts:  1

This is the error that I am getting on my website when loading my products to Google Base:

Expected response code 200, got 400. Type: data. Field: description. Reason: The item contains a word that’s not allowed.

I’m not sure why I am getting this since the website sells educational toys for kids, and have done some research on ‘allowed’ words within Google Products / Merchant Center with no luck.  Any help would be great.

Caleb
www.growsmarttoys.com

Magento Community
Magento Community

NDWest12

Total Posts:  9

Just wanted to throw my 2cents in...might save a few headaches.

I had this whole thing working a few days ago. Then today it stopped.

I had the condition values set to new and pre-owned, and it had worked the first run.

Now today it didnt. I changed that to new and used and BAM it worked.

not saying its the end all solution just saying it worked. might help some others

Magento Community
Magento Community

decornmore

Total Posts:  46

my problem i s a new problem in magento.

more then 1 year i upload with no problem to Google base. i do have the “condition:NEW” and work ok until today!

i get this massage: “Expected response code 200, got 400. Type: data. Field: condition. Reason: The item is missing a required attribute.”

i dont understand what is the problem i do have the attribute “condition”! .

what is the problem?!!

Magento Community
Magento Community

tinotriste

Total Posts:  21
Bolton, UK

Paine - 22 July 2010 05:03 AM

Remove description from your attribute mapping. Either Google or Magento seem to have some of the basic attribute mapping already worked out (perhaps the default magneto attributes?) I currently have no errors beyond the gtin error when only mapping \"aftermarket\" attributes, or ones that I have added later (length, condition, product_type, etc). This is on Magento 1.4.1

This worked for me too!
Thanks mate.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Paine

We gave up on this and just went to using a spreadsheet and exporting it out in the .csv format google wants. Magento seemed to work well to a point with the integration, but it was still a PITA to have to remove and re-add items every 30 days. Magento should handle this itself. It may not be that big a deal for people with high % of inclusion into google, but we have 1500 items and only wanted ~30 or sent to google.

Magento Community
Magento Community

baker21

Total Posts:  14

I dont think its description that is the problem.. If you use short description instead of description you will have it work.. You must make sure there ARE no HTML CODE or any code of any kind!! just plain TEXT for description.. You link Short Description instead and it should help.. Does on my site…

My problem is trying to add link and image link…

I want the pickures to show up in the google shopping..

Plus it siad they were mandatory links.. I use the SKU to map with the ID which is a must.. link is a MUST it says.. image link is not..

I get this error:

Expected response code 200, got 400. Type: data. Field: link. Reason: Duplicate url

I dont know what to do.. Any1 know?

Magento Community
Magento Community

KevH

Total Posts:  2

Created an attribute for condition using new and used as the options. Tried mapping fields but got all sorts of issues. Switched off attribute mapping and tried again. Everything worked fine including images....

Magento Community
Magento Community

SEO Friendly Design

Total Posts:  2
UK, Milton Keynes

Hi Guys,
I have a website that is using Magento 1.3.0, trying to set up the Google base..all done by the books...but still getting an error:
Expected response code 200, got 403 Could not find authenticated customer .

I’ve been reading that with new Magento update(1.4.1) this is being fixed…

Any advice from someone who had similar problem would be highly appreciated .

Thanks,
Nick

Magento Community
Magento Community

JeremyFP

Total Posts:  24
Fort Wayne, IN

oops. duplicate post.

Magento Community
Magento Community

JeremyFP

Total Posts:  24
Fort Wayne, IN

Paine - 22 July 2010 05:03 AM

Remove description from your attribute mapping. Either Google or Magento seem to have some of the basic attribute mapping already worked out (perhaps the default magneto attributes?) I currently have no errors beyond the gtin error when only mapping \"aftermarket\" attributes, or ones that I have added later (length, condition, product_type, etc). This is on Magento 1.4.1

But what if you need the google attribute to map to a different magento attribute in 1.4.1?

I’d really like to have my GMA map its description to the meta_description of my store. Anyone figure out a way to map custom attributes to the new universal settings without getting a duplicate error?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Paine

meta_description -> description results in duplicate error? Strange, I’ve not tinkered with the description at all, but I’ve altered the normal attribute mapping without any issues. Maybe that particular attribute is hard-coded into the plugin/module.

Also, is there any solution to the problem of products expiring out of GMC? We’ve had to fall back to the old CSV file because its a complete PITA to delete/upload 50 items out of 1000 every 30 days.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 13 of 14