Magento Forum

Google Base - Expected response code 200, got 400

ciahend

Total Posts:  28

ERROR:  Expected response code 200, got 400. Type: data. Field: Description. Reason: Duplicate description.
RUNNING VERSION: 1.3.2.4

I tried to upload just 1 product and i got this error.

I have read everything in this thread and I cant seem to find a solution to this problem.  A lot of solutions talk about “mapping”.  I dont see where I would map the attribute. I have checked each attribute and it looks fine to be (especially since I dont know what I am looking for)

I have already created the CONDITION attribute and I have adjusted all of my products to include this attribute.

Can some tell me how to solve this problem?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

dario007

Total Posts:  1

I am getting this error:

Expected response code 200, got 400. Type: data. Field: description. Reason: Duplicate description. Type: data. Field: title. Reason: Duplicate title. Type: data. Field: link. Reason: Duplicate url

Any ideas?

http://www.watchsensation.com

Magento Community
Magento Community

whodareswins

Total Posts:  10

I am getting

“Expected response code 200, got 400. Type: data. Field: link. Reason: The domain of this URL doesn’t match the domain registered on the Settings page of this account.”

I had only added an attribute set to include condition, id and product type.

Should I remove the required maps?

I verified I have the same URL in my account on google & config in magento. This is a bummer of a problem, have 1500 more items to upload =(.

Magento Community
Magento Community

SetuBridgeDev

Total Posts:  50

Hi all,

I have uploaded my google base item by inserting condition attribute and mapped it to the google base attribute.its working perfectly and i have uploaded over 1500 product in site. But suddenly from last 3 week i m continuously getting error msg while adding new product to google base .

Error in response is . Internal server error , code 500 .

This is happening in live site , pls. post a solution if some one has made this work. Is there any thing that google side changed. I

Any help will be appreciated. :(

Magento Community
Magento Community

hungover

Total Posts:  7

Hi all,

am in pub and too lazy to read thru all the replies but i found that i had both usa and Uk set as default.

Deleting USA nows means that I can submit to google base (uk). Hurrah!!!

Spent hours fecking about before hand.

No more error codes for me, that said I only want to submit ot uk base

BTW am on Magento ver. 1.4.0.1

Magento Community
Magento Community

elfling
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  901

Same here. On one site of ours about 3 weeks ago it was suddenly erroring out when trying to submit to google base.

Was working fine before.

Magento Community
Magento Community

digger149

Total Posts:  10

Hello,
Does anyone know how to interface the multiple website feature of Magento with the multi-site Google Base (now Merchant) account.
My main site is gothic jewellery

Magento Community
Magento Community

rentown

Total Posts:  29

this should work

quote from: yovinnymanyo
Link: http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/185252/P45/

Hey Guys and Gals
Let me save you a few hours of headaches

Just wanted to help all those out who did not get this resolved.

The edit to Feed.php works

go here
Directory
:
app/code/core/Mage/GoogleBase/Model/Service
File
:
Feed.php
make a backup call it Feed
.org.php

The Key is to replace this entry on line 120
$typeAttributes 
$entry->extensionElements[1]->extensionElements;

with this code

// NEW CODE START
// -------------------------
if ( count($entry->extensionElements) > )
{
$typeAttributes 
$entry->extensionElements[1]->extensionElements;
else {
$typeAttributes 
NULL;
}
// NEW CODE END
//-------------------------------

Works like a charm.
For 
all 3 of my builds

Magento Community
Magento Community

jmedford

Total Posts:  25

ciahend - 30 May 2010 01:36 PM

ERROR:  Expected response code 200, got 400. Type: data. Field: Description. Reason: Duplicate description.
RUNNING VERSION: 1.3.2.4

I tried to upload just 1 product and i got this error.

I have read everything in this thread and I cant seem to find a solution to this problem.  A lot of solutions talk about “mapping”.  I dont see where I would map the attribute. I have checked each attribute and it looks fine to be (especially since I dont know what I am looking for)

I have already created the CONDITION attribute and I have adjusted all of my products to include this attribute.

Can some tell me how to solve this problem?

Did you ever get this resolved? I get the same error, even if I try to upload one product. How can I have duplicates of one product?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Paine

Total Posts:  73

Remove description from your attribute mapping. Either Google or Magento seem to have some of the basic attribute mapping already worked out (perhaps the default magneto attributes?) I currently have no errors beyond the gtin error when only mapping \"aftermarket\" attributes, or ones that I have added later (length, condition, product_type, etc). This is on Magento 1.4.1

Magento Community
Magento Community

cleanline

Total Posts:  21

You can actually change the title and description.  All you have to do is comment out the sections in the item.php within your core.  So basically I suggest you make a local file and work on that.  The local file would be app/code/local/Mage/GoogleBase/Model/Service/Item.php.  Then comment out line 280 to 284 which is the magento to google base description.  Then make an attribute for your products (eg GBdesc) and map it to google base description in the base attributes.  You can also do this with the title which is lines 257 to 261.

Hope this helps...I currently am blocking googlebot from my images so...i attempted to make a new attribute with a link to the images where I allow googlebot to crawl but the image attribute to image_link doesn’t work like the title and description.  If anyone can figure this out, it would help me greatly.

Ohh and I had to comment out every line of the code in Item.php like this:

//**Commented Out
        //if ($object->getDescription()) {
         // $content = $service->newContent()->setText( $object->getDescription() );
         //   $entry->setContent($content);
        //} **

Magento Community
Magento Community

Paine

Not sure if this has been disused before I did not check all 13 pages of this thread.
On Magento 1.4.1 we’re getting this error:
Expected response code 200, got 400. Type: data. Field: length. Reason: This entry is not of type number. Example: 1,000.00 for one thousand.

Its a simple error, but we’re at a loss of how to solve it without some massive re-asseting of our catalog.
It seems that when an attribute has no selection, Magento will send “No” to Google. This obviously does not work for products in which that attribute is mapped but the specific item in question does not have that attribute and Google has specific expectations of the attribute.

Magento Community
Magento Community

cleanline

Total Posts:  21

I am not really following you Paine.  So you are saying you have an attribute “length” that you have mapped to Google Base length.  If you leave it blank in your magento product attribute section then it won’t export to the GB?  So are you wanting it to be a 0 for the length (I don’t think you can map a field then leave it blank and expect GB to just skip it)?  I mean sounds to me like you have a field mapped but left it blank in some products.  I think the only way around it is divide your products into different attributes sets (the ones that have a length and the ones that don’t) then map them correctly in google base attribute mapping.  The quickest, easiest way to change the attribute set of products is to import them with the new attribute set.  Make sure you create the new attribute set first before you import wink

Sorry if I misunderstood...hope this helps.

Chris

Magento Community
Magento Community

Paine

You understood me correctly.
As I said, was looking for a way of fixing the error without having to change the product’s attribute set. Our DB is just about 1600 items, the first 1200 or so are an import from a former yahoo store and are in the “default” attribute set.

Magento Community
Magento Community

giggler

Total Posts:  72

I had it working to the point where the items were listed on the magento side, but when I click on the id..it goes to a not found page. I had given up on it and now revisiting this....and it’s giving a different error:

“Expected response code 200, got 400. Type: data. Field: item. Reason: Please verify and claim your website’s URL, until you do so you cannot upload any product listings.. Type: data. Field: link. Reason: You must specify your website’s URL on the settings page before uploading items with URLs.”

So now I can’t even add the item on the magento side...I’ve check the merchant setting and the url is Verified and claimed. I’ve even changed it to https and added /shop/ but nothing seem to be working so far....

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community