Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 1 of 14
Google Base - Expected response code 200, got 400

Sharky

Total Posts:  2

Hi All,

I’m new to Google base but have tried to export my catalog (just 9 SKUs) to Google Base using the 1.1.7 module.

Once I select them and try to export to Google Base, i get the red error message at the top of the page - Expected response code 200, got 400

Any ideas how I might get around this?  The same happens if I just try to do one product at a time.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

eliteeternity

Total Posts:  74

Exact same problem here. Hosted at SimleHelix just for the record.

Magento Community
Magento Community

KeyboardCowboy

Total Posts:  65
Berlin, Germany

same problem… :-(

Magento Community
Magento Community

Publicom

Total Posts:  10
Aix en Provence

Me too when i want upload any pictures on my product...or when i want synchronize whith google base…
I would like to launch my store tomorow morning and this issue will made me crazy !!

Help !!!!

(yesterday i had synchronize whith no problem...)

Magento Community
Magento Community

Publicom

Total Posts:  10
Aix en Provence

Hi,
For my problem, i’ve found solution.
I’ve desactivate Google base in Configuration -> Google Api

and i’ve upgrade my flash player to version 10, and my problem was solved…

I work whith...MAC…

Magento Community
Magento Community

pastanislas

Total Posts:  46

same problem for me..
BTW my admin is in https, maybe it is a problem ?

Magento Community
Magento Community

KeyboardCowboy

Total Posts:  65
Berlin, Germany

same problem with 1.1.8 (without SSL) :-(

Magento Community
Magento Community

tradiArt
Guru

Total Posts:  379
Spain

I’m hosted in hostgator, I don’t use a SSL and I have this error since the beginning. I tested in 11.7 and 1.1.8.

Updated to Flash Player 10 and using a PC.

This is really annoying, why can’t somebody point us in the right direction?

Any help in this will be very appreciated. Thank you.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Weezers Gifts

Total Posts:  71
PA

I am using 1.1.8 and I was able to get 502 items uploaded last night but since then I am getting this error now without fail.  I have tried just about everything myself and nothing is working now.

I agree with XOXO about someone pointing us in the right direction.

Magento Community
Magento Community

pastanislas

Total Posts:  46

I’ve found out what was wrong for me, it was the attribute mapping, especially custom atributes were in cause. Just try to map only one or two attributes like price and weight and see what happens. Now it’s working fine for me.
Good luck

Magento Community
Magento Community

Condom Girl

Total Posts:  13

I’m assuming that Expected response code 200, got 400 mean HTTP status codes. 400 means:

400 Bad Request
The request contains bad syntax or cannot be fulfilled.

I haven’t checked by I assume the google API uses something like SOAP that uses HTTP.

so, not a timeout as I first thought?

I was able to upload about 50 of 150 products, then got the error.

So I started to upload the remainder 3 at a time - I suspected that perhaps a special char {` ; \ ? $ @ etc} was the problem. IE google need them encoding in some way before upload and magento wasn’t doing this.

I’ve now identified one product that won’t upload.

Removed a / and that did not help.
Found some fields were empty - filled them - that did not work.

I HAVE FOUND THE REASON - at least for me.

In my case I was mapping the product description attribute into the google base attribute “condition” - which can only take three values.

If you check each field you are transferring against the specification here:

http://base.google.co.uk/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en_GB&answer;=73932

you should be able start by transferring a few fields and build it up - just don’t expect it to be a 5 min job

Now I’m uploading the rest 3 at a time to leave me with the naughty ones to see what they have in common.

I now have 9 products that won’t upload - has to be something in their formatting - what do they have in common?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Hucke_Media_de

Total Posts:  16

Problem is the mapping.

If you add “description” to the mapping type “custom attribute, no mapping” you will run into this error “Expected response code 200, got 400” when the description is too long (i don’t know how long it is allowed to be).

Maybe someone has time to check how long a description is allowed to be?

Suggestion for Varien: allow setting to cut fields to certain length. Maybe someone documents how long Google allows them to be?

Magento Community
Magento Community

The Sunday Paper

Total Posts:  202

Hucke-Media - 10 December 2008 12:56 PM

Problem is the mapping.

If you add “description” to the mapping type “custom attribute, no mapping” you will run into this error “Expected response code 200, got 400” when the description is too long (i don’t know how long it is allowed to be).

Maybe someone has time to check how long a description is allowed to be?

Suggestion for Varien: allow setting to cut fields to certain length. Maybe someone documents how long Google allows them to be?

This isn’t the answer either, I’m afraid. I have an item with a one-character Description (test item, of course) that gives me the error, and I still get the error when I don’t try to send Description at all.

I have Flash 10 installed. I’m on 1.1.8. I’ve tried in on a Mac and a PC. Same error.

In a PHP forum, someone suggested that the error might have to do with spaces, uppercase letters and underscores. My product types (including Default) all have uppercase letters in them. Could this be the problem?

Magento Community
Magento Community

stylesofny

Total Posts:  39

the problem is definately attribute mapping. make sure your are within the parameters of google base. specs

Magento Community
Magento Community

HumanBeing

Total Posts:  21

I’m on Magento 1.2.1, and I’m having the same “Expected response code 200, got 400” error, despite several attempts at fixing it.  Here are the Google Base specs for products:

http://base.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=73932&hl;=en

Note that there are several required fields in Google Base that Magento does not allow you to choose: description, id, link, price, title.  While I would hope that Magento automatically provides those fields, it’s not at all clear if it does.  I get no success even using a minimal attribute mapping that maps weight to weight.  I’ve tried it with an empty mapping, and I’ve tried it with a minimal mapping that maps Manufacturer to brand.

For the people who have this all working, could you post the contents of a single item and list the mappings you use to get this to Google Base?  Magento could do a better job of providing actionable error messages for this.  As it is, it either works perfectly or not at all, and there’s no guidance provided from the software to fix the problem.

Magento Community
Magento Community

mamaduckie

Total Posts:  7

I’m using Magento 1.2.0.2 and I’m getting the same error message.  No matter what I try, I can’t get even a single product to load into Google Base.  None of the suggested solutions have worked for me.

I’ve tried simple product with empty mapping up to configurable products with multiple attribute mappings.  I’ve tried uploading one product and multiple products.  I’ve tried the default attribute set and my own custom attribute sets.  Nothing works.

As others have said, it would be great to get a hint as to why this isn’t working and what we can do to fix it.  The ability to feed to Google Base is of utmost importance.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 14