Magento Forum

UK hosting

paul r jones

Total Posts:  2

We have two magento sites with Simple Servers and despite some bad reviews on this site we have had a good experience with them.
They seem very fast on support tickets and have a one click magento install.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

sarahb

Total Posts:  24

What a mine field! I have looked at most the Hosting deals on this thread and find that they are a bit small. I need something with about 8GB disk space, 30GB bandwidth, 3+ Databases, 3+ mailboxes.

I have narrowed my search down to;
http://www.5quidhost.co.uk/, will Taylor the package @ £22.00 p/m
http://www.evohosting.co.uk - £16.49 p/m

I am still working up a list of questions to ask each before making up my mind, like SSL etc, but do you lot have any questions you would suggest me to ask?

Magento Community
Magento Community

melfalcon15

Total Posts:  6

FS Hosting (fshosting.co.uk) offer magento optomised hosting

And for an account with 10GB storage and 30GB bandwidth, with unlimited email and mysql would be in the region of £12 per month - and is available via the custom hosting package at http://www.fshosting.co.uk/hosting-packages.html

Another option would be a VPS

SSL’s supplied and installed including static IP address are £45 / year

Magento Community
Magento Community

magentobbs

Total Posts:  11
china

nublue - 04 April 2008 01:00 AM

We’re in the UK and our design/development team are using the product too so we can provide some support if required. Free installations with all hosting accounts smile

so good!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Digital New Media

Total Posts:  10

Sorry to bump an old thread but I wanted to add our name to the list of people who have had a bad experience with simple servers, no support, wasted hours setting up Magento on their server then having to move it across to another host because we couldn’t get any response by phone or support tickets from them.

If you are after good Magento hosting I would recommend United Hosting and Rackspace also Heart are OK if your not after high end performance.

DNM

Magento Community
Magento Community

Simple Servers

Total Posts:  45
Birmingham UK

Just browsing through the comments and wanted to make people aware that Simple Servers has been taken over by new management. They have stressed that the company will, going forward provide exceptional new products and above all timely, professional customer support.

There is a new site with lots of exciting features been made at the moment and will be launched by the end of November.

Magento Community
Magento Community

edmondscommerce
Guru

Total Posts:  342

I wouldn’t recommend Heart

false economy IMO, it doesn’t need to soak up much developer time wrestling with Heart before you may as well have gone for better hosting

Magento Community
Magento Community

ShragiL

Total Posts:  25
Manchester, UK

I can’t praise my host www.tsohost.co.uk enough. We host our website www.iStreetStore.co.uk on a shared server, besides the brilliant speed of their Magento hosting package the speed of their support matches the speed of their servers!

I became a customer of tsohost after reading the many great reviews about them, but time and time again they have proven to myself how great they are, most recently when I deleted my entire site (please don’t ask me how, it’s highly embarrassing red face). But within a matter of hours it was back up and running.

If you are in the UK and looking for a reliable hosting company, this is the one to use! Actually, don’t take my word for it, do a search in Google for ”tsohost.co.uk review” I’m yet to find a single negative review about them!

I’ve also spotted Darren one of the support guys lurking around here, proves a point that they are not just out to get your money but actively interested in enhancing their Magento service. And hey their shared packages start at only £14.99 per year, certainly worth a try! If it’s dedicated/ clustered that you are after I’m positive you will experience the same (if not better) dedication & service.

So if you have come here to read some reviews to help you decide on a host then look no further and sign up today, I guarantee you, that you wouldn’t be disappointed.

Shragi

Magento Community
Magento Community

WebhostUK LTD

Total Posts:  163
UK

Hello,

While looking for magento hosting ..make sure you check the companies server hardware ..that shall help you alot, RAM requirement for magento script is quit large.

Magento Community
Magento Community

MakeMagento

Total Posts:  1

Hi Guys

I am thinking of hosting a small ecommerce site (based on magento obviously) on a shared server with nublue.co.uk…

The site wont be getting a lot of traffic. If I go with shared hosting will the site be OK in terms of speed?

Thanks!

Magento Community
Magento Community

gold682

Hi,
I\’m looking to move to a hosting site to support Magento (along with my current Joomla and osCommerce sites). Can anyone recommend a hosting company that have their servers based in the UK and in the region of £10-£20pm. Preferably a reseller account with cpanel/whm.

thanks in advance
Paul

ps. i\’ve looked at NuBlue - seems good but expensive, United Hosting - seems good and withing budget and lastly tsohost.co.uk which again seems good and withing budget.

any thoughts on what to look for/avoid with what I want to do?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Dx3webs

Total Posts:  178

Hi Paul,

Check us out..

Two platforms,,,

Magneto shared Standard £14.50 / month

Magento shared Enhanced £24.99 / month

You can check out the load times on our demo store.  Less then 0.2 of a second.

Or see how we compare at the Magento benchmark site

Shout if you want to try either platform out on a trial basis.

Magento Community
Magento Community

fotocourses

Total Posts:  1

smile In my experience Easyspace and the name.co.uk. Easysapce have recently been taken over by BT i believe. Not sure if that is good or bad.
Have also had good experience with thename.co.uk

photography courses
wedding photography

Magento Community
Magento Community

UnrealCakes

Hi Trying too run Magento on Easyspace servers!

Would anyone be able to help? Trying to set up Magento on an easyspace server. Software has uploaded fine and i have setup Mysql05 dadatbase ok. When i go through the magento setup process and it try\’s to access this database i come up with error:
o The URL \"http://www.unrealcakes.co.uk/\" is not accessible.
o Unable to read response, or response is empty

All the passwords seem to be in order! Spoken to easyspace and they say it is not a problem at their end and told me to see if Megento website has any advice - so here i am!?!!?

They did mention that the database was on another server to where it is being hosted - this might course a problem?

Any thoughts would be most grateful.

Dan

Magento Community
Magento Community

Ross
Guru

Total Posts:  336
Scarborough, North Yorkshire, UK

In summary:
Positive Internet -> NuBlue -> Hostway -> OVH

Also pleased to note that a good hosting company I have used for many years - Site5 - now offer UK servers.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community