Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

UK hosting

nightwinter2000

Total Posts:  21

ive been with www.express-hosting.co.uk for nearly 4 years now and their service is second to non! Tell them Derek Hunter sent you

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

fata1just1ce

Total Posts:  16

Just noticed this post, honestly check out http://www.5quidhost.co.uk/ honestly it is embarassing the amount of times i had to ask for help and they did within the hour. I was messing around on sunday night around midnight and i got a response and they sorted it.

i am a total noob and they set everything up for me, even installing a template i bought.

Honestly i cannot champion them enough, the package i got was the level 2 one at £5 a month and that is more than enough for someone starting out.

Magento Community
Magento Community

kulturshock

Total Posts:  29

I use www.xtrahost.co.uk and and very very pleased with their service. Nothing is too much trouble and they support Magento as well.

Magento Community
Magento Community

linxbaijy

Total Posts:  52

yes, xtrahost is good.  Their 20/m VPS can run magento pretty fast.

Magento Community
Magento Community

View 6 Com

Total Posts:  83
Brighton Sussex UK

Hi All

We have a few clients on Nublue vps and shared hosting - good costs, support and they know magento…

Hope that helps

Magento Community
Magento Community

DOA

Total Posts:  12

Hi, I’ve just moved from my US hosting service who had become unreliable and I have moved to a company called TerraNetwork in the UK.

I’m using their reseller package (base with 10 accounts) and I have to say that the service so far (only a few days with them) has been excellent. I can’t believe how much faster they are compared to the US hosts and the reseller account allows me to go for distinct IP addresses and SSLs on each site.

I went ultra cheap and used GoDaddy for the SSL certificates (2 SSLs for 2 years each was just over £60 = £15ish per cert per year!) I know they don’t have the prestige of other certs, but for me they are good enough.

The only draw-back on the Terra service was the amount of hard disk space is well, in a word, stingy… but I’m not a large user so it was just about ok for me. (4GB for the 10 account service) This is however, upgradable.

Prior to this change of host, I was thinking of virtual servers, but from what I’ve read in forums there are so many problems with the ones I could afford I just didn’t need the hassle - reliability is my main requirement. Also, although I can get by if I have to, I’m no Linux geek so staying with shared hosting was ideal.

Their networks say that they are also PCI DSS compliant - so you shouldn’t have a problem if you go for an integrated payment gateway - although I have not gone this route yet so can’t verify that.

Magento installed first time zero issues - which is always nice (self install btw - no 1 click install) Magento also ran much faster on their shared hosting than on my local PC so can’t complain at all!

Their site is:
http://www.terranetwork.net/

Also, a site running on this service is as follows:
http://www.onlinebridal.co.uk/
(not my site btw - but one that attracted me to Terra’s service as they are using the same magento theme as me - mine is still passworded and in development - will post when finished.)

Magento Community
Magento Community

NuBlue

Total Posts:  94
Lancaster, United Kingdom

Hi All,

Not been on here for a while and just noticed all the great comments with regard to our hosting and service. Thank you all very much for the positive feedback.

We have just relaunched our own website (links in the sig) and have launched a range of professional support services for Magento to help with common requests we receive such as multi store setups and store duplications for development purposes.

Thanks again to all those that commented, it’s always nice to hear some positive feedback.

Magento Community
Magento Community

kathy123

Total Posts:  1

Hi All

Have been meaning to post on here for a while.  I am in the UK and have tried a couple of options.  First we went for a shared hosting package, which didn’t do it with Magento.  Then a dedicated 1and1 server, which was the cheapest dedicated server they do.  The add to cart function in Magento was too slow on this server, so we then moved to a VPS with Nublue.

I must say that it was the best thing we could have done.  Nublue have been more than helpful and with something like Magento I think it really pays to have a hosting company that not only know the product, but are also willing to give top notch friendly support.

I would not hesitate to recommend them 100%

Thanks

Kathy

Magento Community
Magento Community

Ajixo

Total Posts:  87

Dear All

There is nothing as good as having a top notch friendly support hosting company.  i really missed dataflame and frustrated.  I moved recently and i regret but already paid for 2 years contract.  There are so many things that dataflame would assist me in doing which my current one would not do.  They tell to get a developer.  Therefore, if you are novice to magento dataflame are ace.
i just thought i should share this.

Magento Community
Magento Community

MagentoReady

Total Posts:  19

Hi

Starting a business online, hosting is an important issue but support on the tools you use is the key.

We provide affordable optimized Magento hosting, but what is really important we provide Magento turnkey solutions and after care plans.

Cheers

Magento Community
Magento Community

fantasticals

Another thumbs up for nublue, we have just set up a magento multi-store environment on VPS, support has been superb!!

Magento Community
Magento Community

benardbert

Hi......,
I generally go for www.bluelighthost.com/ukfast.php for these type of problems. so i would suggest you to visit this website.

Hope this will serve your purpose.

uk fast

Magento Community
Magento Community

melfalcon

Total Posts:  5

I have several magento based websites all currently hosted by FShosting - www.fshosting.co.uk

Even the shared cPanel hosting fully supports magento. I have sites on both shared hosting and vps’s. Ive been with them over 12 months and to date there has been no downtime.

http://blog.fshosting.co.uk/optimised-hosting/magento-hosting/

Magento Community
Magento Community

jellybabys

Total Posts:  208
UK

I would highly NOT recommend fasthost.co.uk,!!!!

The sales people sold me the basic share hosting package and I asked them twice does magento run on it and was told yes, then after hours trying to install magento another sales person told me magento does not run on the shared hosting, so I had to upgrade to VPS for a lot more money, then once I done that I was told I need to pay extra for a control panel and the tech team offer no help with installing.

I am still waiting for a refund for the mis sold hosting package and no one is really helpful with this.

When I have spoken with support, if they do not put the phone down on you, they give you the wrong information.

I could go on for hours about them and what hell they have caused me the past 48hrs but I guess you get the picture.

Again I would highly NOT recommend fasthost.co.uk to anyone

Two I do recommend

Simple Helix - Cheap - Helpful - Easy to setup account and install magento.

Xtrahost.co.uk - Mid price range, better for mid to high end traffic stores - fast running - really helpful staff - they install magento and set it up to run well for you.

Magento Community
Magento Community

paul r jones

Total Posts:  2

We have two magento sites with Simple Servers and despite some bad reviews on this site we have had a good experience with them.
They seem very fast on support tickets and have a one click magento install.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community