Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

UK hosting

easy2pc

Total Posts:  9
UK

Hi All.

No one seems to have mentioned 1&1;. Does anyone have any experience with them.

I have just installed magento on a shared hosting package with no problem apart from some errors when logging in to admin panel.

but apart from that all seems to be going well so far.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Dan Gibbs

Total Posts:  11

Simple Servers are simply rubbish.

Purchased one of their “Magento Pro Hosting” packages to use as a testing / development site and well, sent an email on the 10th asking why their cpanel wouldn’t work to create emails due to a lot of javascript error - no reponse. Submitted a ticket on the 13th asking what SSL certificates they can provide - no reponse. Have uploaded files to the server and on both occasions 24 hours later they have been deleted - thought I was going crazy.

20th Subscription cancelled looking for new testing area.

BTW use crucial web hosting for 2 UK based websites both run pretty good apart from early in the morning when I believe backups are being done?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Rooni

Total Posts:  87
England

simpleservers - 02 June 2009 10:29 PM

Just thought I would put the record straight.

We have had issues with our support ticket system, this has now been resolved.
We have also upgraded our whole support infrastructure also.

So to sum up, yes we have had issues but we are committed to magento moving forward and hope to have put recent issues behind us.

Regards

Nick

Extremely slow service its been 2 months trying to contact them no reply, facing problems not solved, come on man atleast reply.

Magento Community
Magento Community

simpleservers

Total Posts:  20

Haroon

Please raise a support ticket and I can get your problems solved

As for the cpanel issue mentioned above, it is a bug in the latest cpanel build. This was mentioed in our support tickets.

Magento Community
Magento Community

simpleservers

Total Posts:  20

Have uploaded files to the server and on both occasions 24 hours later they have been deleted - thought I was going crazy.

No customer files have ever been deleted by us...ever.

The cpanel email problems is fixed by clicking the ‘less javascript’ link on the email page

There is a control panel upgrade planned that should solve this anyway

Magento Community
Magento Community

RepoUK

Total Posts:  24

easy2pc - 19 October 2009 02:35 AM

Hi All.

No one seems to have mentioned 1&1;. Does anyone have any experience with them.

I have just installed magento on a shared hosting package with no problem apart from some errors when logging in to admin panel.

but apart from that all seems to be going well so far.

Avoid 1&1; they will keep billing you for years after you have cancelled and send the debts to debt collectors even though they know that they haven’t a leg to stand on.

They tried this on with me (three years AFTER I’d cancelled) so I told their collectors to p*** off :D

Magento Community
Magento Community

Dx3webs

Total Posts:  178

Just to add our 2 pennies..

we mainly work with non-technical clients who need a lot of hand holding and round the clock technical support.. check us out if this is what you are after.

cheers
Andy

Dx3Webs - UK Managed Web Solutions
Magento Managed Service
Example Magento Client
Dx3webs Demo Store - Our Demo Magento Store

Magento Community
Magento Community

WebhostUK LTD

Total Posts:  163
UK

If you are looking for a good UK Based Hosting company offering Free magento installation.

You can check WebhostUK LTD

Magento Community
Magento Community

Ajixo

Total Posts:  87

Pls i would suggest avoid webhostuk ltd. 

I was with dataflame and to be honest the customer service was excellent.  they always tried their best the only problem i had was that their experience of magento was limited.  In the pursue of searching for a hosting company that knew bit more about magento i stumbled across webhostuk i was promised that i would not notice the difference in change and everything wil be seamless

i took their word for it guess what.i practially do not not have a website now during this festival period. Where do i start from.  The transfer seems okay but my test database had a error and that is where my nightmare started.  different people working on it bear in mind i had just moved over to them

Now they have left me hanging, no respond to my tickect. 

Pls does anyone know of a a good magento uk hosting org.  that keeps to their word.  Althought i am quite knowledgeable about websites i am not familiar with backend on server.  and can get me out of this situation

Magento Community
Magento Community

WebhostUK LTD

UK

stella - 26 December 2009 05:32 PM

Pls i would suggest avoid webhostuk ltd. 

I was with dataflame and to be honest the customer service was excellent.  they always tried their best the only problem i had was that their experience of magento was limited.  In the pursue of searching for a hosting company that knew bit more about magento i stumbled across webhostuk i was promised that i would not notice the difference in change and everything wil be seamless

i took their word for it guess what.i practially do not not have a website now during this festival period. Where do i start from.  The transfer seems okay but my test database had a error and that is where my nightmare started.  different people working on it bear in mind i had just moved over to them

Now they have left me hanging, no respond to my tickect. 

Pls does anyone know of a a good magento uk hosting org.  that keeps to their word.  Althought i am quite knowledgeable about websites i am not familiar with backend on server.  and can get me out of this situation

Sorry to know that you had an issue with us ..I will review your ticket again..and make sure its resolved by our staff to the best possible way.

And I will surely apologies for it.

Magento Community
Magento Community

mn1977

Total Posts:  3

Beware of NUBLUE hosting…

Our company has 52 websites hosted in 6 different countries and NUBLUE declined our credit card, paypal and never returned our email.

After getting their live chat system a rep named PAUL was very unprofessional with us and told us that because we were physically located in another country from where our registration details were we would not be able to get hosting. Furthermore was rude and basically calling us a fraud.

We used the correct billing and registration details and even the right billing telephone number and they assumed that we were fraud.

After looking online further we see that they have a questionable reputation anyways so it was good that we didn’t go with them for hosting.

Just a for anyone looking to go with NUBLUE they only offer 1 year PREPAID hosting.

Unprofessional, rude customer service companies like this one should change if they wish to grow in this business.

Magento Community
Magento Community

paul_xedos

Total Posts:  8

If you’re looking for a dedicated server and don’t mind administering the machine yourself I would highly recommend www.hetzner.de. For the price of £39 pcm the spec of 8gb RAM, 2 *750gb disk is very hard to beat. I’ve been with them for about 6 months, having been with 1&1;for a few years (who I also found to be good) and so far in the 2 or 3 times I’ve needed to put in a support request the response has been instant

Paul

Magento Community
Magento Community

diosalimited

Total Posts:  31
Brighton, UK and Malaga, Spain

mn1977 - 08 January 2010 08:01 AM

Beware of NUBLUE hosting…

Absolutely 100% opposite to this is our companies experience with NuBlue! They’ve been excellent for the 12 months we’ve been with them!

Fast UK servers optimized for Magento, very helpful and knowledgable staff, easy to contact (and emails replies normally within the hour), the bonus of a livehelp system (as you mentioned!) and have always gone the extra mile for us when often the ‘problem’ might have been out of their remit.

No complaints at all and would totally recommend them to any other UK Magento store!

Magento Community
Magento Community

freshwebs

Total Posts:  153
Leicestershire, UK

Just my 2p worth.

I’ve been using a dedicated server from 1steasy.com - their support has been 1st class & the servers seem very fast and reliable.

Cheers

Eddie

PS - I don’t work for 1steasy, etc

Magento Community
Magento Community

WebhostUK LTD

UK

Good to know that go are Happy with there service. smile

Magento Community