Magento Forum

Page 2 of 8
UK hosting

Sindre|ProperHost
Mentor

Total Posts:  1155

If someone is looking for hosting services for their Magento store, we offer servers both in the UK and the USA that meets the requirements set for Magento. Just enable PHP 5 from the control panel and comment the following two directives in the .htaccess file by putting a “#” character in front of the lines like this:

# SSLOptions StdEnvVars
# Options +FollowSymLinks
Feel free to PM me if you have questions regarding Magento installation.

Sindre

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

simpleservers

Total Posts:  20

We are about to launch a new range of Magento Hosting, Virtual , VPS and Dedicated. We are currently optimising the servers to hopefully make megento run a bit faster, with some dedicated magento modts to php and mysql.
magento hosting from simple servers

We will also be installing Magento free of charge

Magento Community
Magento Community

newtothis

Total Posts:  28

Hi All

just to say we are building some stores on some NuBlue hosting and the speed is good both in the back end and customer side.

also cant fault NuBlue’s support, quick to help and seem to know Magento well.

hope this helps

Magento Community
Magento Community

Vilem

Total Posts:  3

Hello, I have wrote a step-by-step tutorial on installing Magento on one the Hostmonster. I prefer Hostmonster because they offer unlimited domains (I have multiple shops).

Magento Community
Magento Community

colin008

Total Posts:  84

I use heartinternet.co.uk and the site seams to work fine with the test database, I’m running on a shared server so maybe when i input my 3k products things may change. However they have dedicated servers if needed.

Magento Community
Magento Community

vadimc

Total Posts:  87
London

I just got myself a dedicated server from http://www.coreix.net for under 50 quid per month. and that came with all the latest packages (except PDO_Mysql, that was easily installed) - just install magenta and get yourself a cup of tea!

If you go to them, please just ask to have PDO_Mysql installed too, i am sure they wont mind - such a nice bunch of guys!
A breath of fresh air after the numerous problems I had from webfusion. Obviously, you go to them only if you know your way around linux a bit - this is a dedicated unmanaged server hosted in London pinging at about 13-15ms!

I wanna dance now, this happy I am! whooohoooo!!!!

If anyone wants to check the nightmare I had with webfusion and their dedicated managed service, please see my blog: http://www.vadim.co.uk/blog/static/298

made a full report on how it all happened smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

simpleservers

Total Posts:  20

Our Magento hosting is now live, we offer free magento installation and free magento support.

www.simpleservers.co.uk/magento_hosting.php

Regards

Nick

Magento Community
Magento Community

WebShopApps
Guru

Total Posts:  460
London, UK

I’ve been with NuBlue for most of last year, and just can’t fault them at all.  They are a great bunch of guys, and always willing to give advice and assistance.

Rgds

Karen

Magento Community
Magento Community

got-bonsai

Total Posts:  136
Wales, UK

I second that birches.
Our site is also with NuBlue and they are a great company to deal with (unfortunately something I hardly ever say).  They reply quickly to questions & requests even out of office hours, and are very helpful and knowledgeable.
We use their shared hosting for two domains.  They will install the latest version of magento for you as part of the service.
Domains are managed through the Plesk control panel.
The cron scheduling thing was fairly easy to set up, just a few problems with permissions which the team sorted out very quickly.
Our main website, www.got-bonsai.co.uk is pretty quick, especially now gzip is enabled.

After suffering with our old (non-magento) site hosted by 1 2 3 r e g , being with NuBlue is like a breath of fresh air.

Magento Community
Magento Community

David Oliver

Total Posts:  177
Cologne, Germany

golles - 01 April 2008 11:34 PM

Matteo Raggi - 07 January 2008 02:33 PM
we are running on a few of our magento istalls on www.net-hosted.co.uk - exceptional support

I can vouch for Net Hosted’s support, too. Very, very quick.

Servers in the UK, and I have so far installed Magento once in my reseller account (shared hosting). I’m a beginner at Magento, but it seems to run okay.

Magento Community
Magento Community

NetHosted - Darryl

Total Posts:  2

Hi,

Just thought I’d drop in as we’ve been getting a few recommendations and have been doing an increasing number of Magento installs lately. We’re a UK based host that pride ourselves on the speed and level of support we provide and the quality of our hosting. If you have any questions about the service we offer feel free to contact us, the address is support {AT} nethosted.co.uk

Regards,

Darryl

Magento Community
Magento Community

House of Type

Total Posts:  14

Hi Guys,

Does anyone know whats going on with Simpleservers ?

I spoke to Nick (a simpleservers employee and forum member) and everything seemed to go alright, and I even had one minor issue (which turned out was down to my installation, not the fault of simpleservers, but was quickly resolved.

Fast forward to a couple of days later and I can’t get in touch with anyone, I did submit a couple of support tickets to purchase my SSL and fix a small problem I had with my MX record but I’ve had no reply to either of these.

These tickets have now been with simpleservers for a week and I’ve no response from anyone, not even a e-mail to apologise for the inconvenience and to give me a estimate of when it’d be done. If they said “oh, sorry about that it’ll be done in 2 days time” then I’d at least know and could say to my client their site will be live then, but this way I imagined it would only take a day to do and so I’m left hanging with a completed site I can’t make live because these issues aren’t resolved and I don’t know when they will be.

I’m just wondering does anyone know whats going on there? theres a message on their website saying they are experiencing some issues and are answering support tickets and e-mails, but I don’t believe that more than a weeks worth of support tickets has sprung up from nowhere.

If someone has any clue whats going on it’d be great, at least then I might have some idea when I might get an answer to my e-mails.

regards

James

Magento Community
Magento Community

360tvr

Total Posts:  15
East Kilbride

House of Type - 06 March 2009 12:24 AM

Does anyone know whats going on with Simpleservers ?

I’ve been waiting 6 weeks for two tickets to be resolved. They have until the end of this week to resolve them or I’ll be moving to a different hosting company.

Magento Community
Magento Community

linxbaijy

Total Posts:  52

If you know how to manage a VPS, pcsmarhosting.co.uk is very good hosting.  For only £10/m you can get very fast host.

Magento Community
Magento Community

J_T_

Total Posts:  1961
London-ish, UK

I’m with Rackspace and UKFast. Nothing beats Rackspace support but I couldn’t upgrade without ridiculous charges so I went to UKFast where I feel I can’t rely as much on support doing stuff for me as I could with Rackspace. So if you’re a very competent sysadmin, I’d recommend UKFast. If you can’t install PHP extensions yourself etc. go with Rackpace.

Neither is under £350 a month by the way.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 2 of 8