Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

SOLVED - Problems after migration

squirrels

Total Posts:  93

I just moved my site from production server to the real thing and now I have some issues…

Just a short story of what I did, the production site was on the same server as the sharp one so first I downloaded it to my local computer just to test if I got any errors but it all went perfect, took not so much time and all worked exactly like on the production server.

- When I uploaded my local copy to the live server I first thought that it all went well but then I noticed that some of my images are missing - not all but some.
- I have refreshed all cash and also emptied the var folder - no change.
- I somehow accidentally changed the permission on the domains folder on my web server when I tried to fix the issue with the images and got a 403 error. After that was fixed I now have a weird thing - there are things added to my base url: http://www.url.com/report/?id=307799319&s;=storeview The numbers after id= are new every time but the store view is always the same.
This means that I can’t see the first page anymore! I can see sub pages if I copy and paste the pathay from my local or development installations but as soon as I try to go to the first page I get that weird /report/ added to the url. I can’t delete it because as soon as I refresh it comes back.

I am on Magento 1.1.6. Permissions are 775 on folders and 755 on files.

SOLUTION:

- I totally deleted the site and uploaded it again - and got rid of the problem with the weird additins to the url:s

- The images thing had to do with rights of some folders, the var-folder (with subfolders), the media-folder (with subfolders) and the file use_cache.ser (in app/etc) all have to have 777.

Thought this might be useful for someone else as well. smile

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community