Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Delivery Radius? 

ddalton

Total Posts:  12

Can magento do a specific delivery option for a set radius from an address, for example .25 miles from a store, we do local delivery.

Regards,
Doug

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

iiNTENSE
Guru

Total Posts:  432
Lansing, MI

An easy solution would be to create a custom delivery option allowing customers to choose “local delivery” if they are within the .25 miles from the store.

Under the shipping options > flat rate > change the name to something along the lines of “Local Delivery (Within 1/4 mile from store location only).

This would be an easy quick fix without having to do any large file modifications.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ddalton

Total Posts:  12

I agree, but I was hoping to use Google maps and just check the address distance using the api to see if the address was in the range

Magento Community
Magento Community

iiNTENSE
Guru

Total Posts:  432
Lansing, MI

In regards to involving Google maps and API, this would involve hard coding.  if you don’t know programming yourself, I’d recommend hiring a programmer to do it for you.

I currently get between 2-3 requests for modules a day, in which I am currently creating a request form on my website to better handle these module requests. Feel free to PM me for the link.

(Magento team: this is not a spam of service.  We support and back Magento.  Realizing that the Magento team cannot handle all requests, we are assisting in creating a better Magento environment for everyone by helping in the FREE creation of these modules.)

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community