Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Content on home page not coming up…

jonw101

Total Posts:  73

I havent changed anything on the store but for some reason i have nothing coming up on the home page. http://www.tech-supplies.net/index.php/

The home page is still set up like it was:

Custom Design:
<!--<reference name="content">
<block type="catalog/product_new" name="home.catalog.product.new" alias="product_new" template="catalog/product/new.phtml" after="cms_page"><action method="addPriceBlockType"><type>bundle</type><block>bundle/catalog_product_price</block><template>bundle/catalog/product/price.phtml</template></action></block>
<block type="reports/product_viewed" name="home.reports.product.viewed" alias="product_viewed" template="reports/home_product_viewed.phtml" after="product_new"><action method="addPriceBlockType"><type>bundle</type><block>bundle/catalog_product_price</block><template>bundle/catalog/product/price.phtml</template></action></block>
<block type="reports/product_compared" name="home.reports.product.compared" template="reports/home_product_compared.phtml" after="product_viewed"><action method="addPriceBlockType"><type>bundle</type><block>bundle/catalog_product_price</block><template>bundle/catalog/product/price.phtml</template></action></block>
</reference><reference name="right">
<action method="unsetChild"><alias>right.reports.product.viewed</alias></action>
<action method="unsetChild"><alias>right.reports.product.compared</alias></action>
</reference>-->

Any idea why nothing is showing up?

Thanks!
jon

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

jonw101

There should be stuff displaying… right?

Magento Community
Magento Community

AnnieP

Total Posts:  9

Several things spring to mind:

1) I’m not sure if you did this on purpose, but all of your code has been commented out.
2) Is the cms page enabled?
3) Under the Custom Design—do you have a layout selected? ex: 1 column, 2 columns with left bar, etc… If it’s ‘empty’, you may not see anything on the page.

Hope that helps! smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

jonw101

Guess the code shouldn’t have been commented out… it was like that when i installed it. Thanks! I’m not sure if it’s still showing it how it should though. It looks incomplete…

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community