Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Magento… Potential but needs to mature

burninge

Total Posts:  1

Ok… The software looks great but it will take an expert in programming to be able to work out the bugs and create a store to their liking. I’m finding out that is why it is free, otherwise you are looking at a couple of grand to get a team of programmers to create something. I just don’t have the time or desire to hack through hundreds of files and hope, yeah right!, that it will work. As I mentioned, this software design is great, much better than the looks of oscommerce and its clones. I just feel that I’ll have to go elsewhere, spend $20 - $60 a month for a generic store. Anyway… good luck, I just don’t have the patience....

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

jellybabys

Total Posts:  208
UK

Thanks for enlightening us with that info

Magento Community
Magento Community

turbo1

Total Posts:  296
Los Angeles, CA

Magento will be mature in 1-2 years… IMHO.  Until then, run at your own risk.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Valley

Total Posts:  3

I am currently using Zen cart, and thinking of moving to Magento.  Is there any script available to import data.  I looked around and found nothing.  The look and feel of Magento is great.

Fitness Equipment Store

Magento Community
Magento Community

thebambam

Total Posts:  26

you have to imagine that magento is kind of like erm “beta”.  Its constantly getting developed to get out the bugs etc and would be easier if people report the bugs they get so the magento team can fix them.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community