Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Can’t install 0.7.14800 & Installer CSS seems broken

DDMAN

Total Posts:  179

I am having the same issues as discussed in this thread related to installing Magento on a 1and1 shared server. I think I’m going to wait a few days and see if anything is resolved. Has anyone tried working with 1and1 support to see if they can come up with a solution?

I think I’ll give it a try and see what they can come up with. They have been pretty good to work with.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

monkeybum

Total Posts:  32

DDMAN - 11 January 2008 10:04 PM

Has anyone tried working with 1and1 support to see if they can come up with a solution?

1and1 support - ROTFL grin

I only use 1&1;for development stuff - My dedicated (production) servers are running php4, that’s why I’ve not tested the latest version on any of them. The issues with 1&1;have only surfaced since the latest version of Magento.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Mark_Kimsal

Total Posts:  186
Michigan, USA

I see a line like this in a couple different spots in magento

$script = basename($_SERVER[’SCRIPT_NAME’]).’/’;

And I think it needs to be swapped for $_SERVER[’ORIG_SCRIPT_NAME’] on apache 1.3 under CGI.

Mage/Core/Model/Store.php
Mage/Core/Model/Config.php
Mage/Core/Model/Url.php
Mage/Core/functions.php

Magento Community
Magento Community

monkeybum

Mark_Kimsal - 12 January 2008 01:47 PM

I see a line like this in a couple different spots in magento

$script = basename($_SERVER[’SCRIPT_NAME’]).’/’;

And I think it needs to be swapped for $_SERVER[’ORIG_SCRIPT_NAME’] on apache 1.3 under CGI.

Mage/Core/Model/Url.php
Mage/Core/functions.php

Thanks Mark,

That looks like the issue causing the problem - It’s seems to be working now - Just search for ‘SCRIPT_NAME’ in the above files and change to ‘ORIG_SCRIPT_NAME’

Magento Community
Magento Community

DDMAN

So I tried what Mark and monkeybum suggested and it worked… although not as smoothly.

First I found the files… they are in the app/code/core/Mage… (took me a minute to find them so I thought I’d post the full path in case anyone needs it)

Mage/Core/Model/Url.php
Mage/Core/functions.php

I did as Monkeybum suggested and did a find and replace for the term ‘SCRIPT_NAME’ and replaced it with ‘ORIG_SCRIPT_NAME’

It found 9 replaces on 4 pages. Then I uploaded the files to the server and went back to the root directory. This time it sent me to mysite.com/install (whereas before it was mysite.com/index.php/install)

However my server gave me a 404 error… I realized that I hadn’t updated my .htaccess file as suggested earlier in the post. So I did updated my .htaccess file in the root directory and after that I got the install page.

Everything else went fairly smooth… However when I did the update and selected the beta option it ran the update script successfully and then sat there… I had to refresh the page after waiting a few minutes and then selected the continue button at the bottom of the page. Not sure how the update page is suppose to proceed but that’s what I did. I didn’t have any other problems so I’m assuming the update went fine.

Now I’m live and checking out the front and back end.

Thanks Mark and Monkeybum for the help

Magento Community
Magento Community

hoz

Total Posts:  15

thnk you this one worked

Magento Community
Magento Community

monkeybum

I also chmodded the files to 0400 as the update feature tries to overwrite them - I don’t know how sensible this is in the long run grin - I think we need a workaround applied to the core by the varien team.

Magento Community
Magento Community

hoz

Total Posts:  15

my hoster (hostnet.lv) replay me that mod_rewrite rule are messed up

Magento Community
Magento Community

Josue4ever

Total Posts:  138
Mexico DF

i did that and everithing was OK.

But when i finished i put my personals details and appears something like
/index.php/install/wizard/index.php/install/

And no response from here. What happend then?

UPDATE: When i restart installing magento, all apears like before (blank screen and no button)

What i must do?

Magento Community
Magento Community

DDMAN

It looks like either the code or the .htaccess file is still trying to do the infinite redirect. I would check to verify that you changed the 4 files in only the 9 instances. Then grab the .htaccess code from earlier in the thread.

If that doesn’t solve the issue then I’d say it’s yoru host

Magento Community
Magento Community

Zinner

Total Posts:  77
Germany

Hi together,

yoav already fixed the problem for the new version.

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/2403/

Did anybody test the latetest beta version ?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Brady
Guru

Total Posts:  330
Orange County, CA

I can confirm that the instructions above work for me on 1&1;.  Installation looks like it was hanging after the PEAR Installer got to “install ok: channel://connect.magentocommerce.com/core/Mage_Pear_Helpers-0.7.0”, but then I just refreshed the page and clicked the “Continue after manual update” button at the bottom of the page and it worked fine.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Josue4ever

Mexico DF

i dont understand why, I have shared hosting in 1and1 and use the htaccess above and found 8 changes ‘ORIG_SCRIPT_NAME’ on 4 files (2 on store.php 2 on config.php 1 on URL.php and 3 on function.php) and the installaton appears bad. Takes a lot a lot of time loading and all apears blank.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Mark_Kimsal

Total Posts:  186
Michigan, USA

Josue4ever - 15 January 2008 01:18 PM

i dont understand why, I have shared hosting in 1and1 and use the htaccess above and found 8 changes ‘ORIG_SCRIPT_NAME’ on 4 files (2 on store.php 2 on config.php 1 on URL.php and 3 on function.php) and the installaton appears bad. Takes a lot a lot of time loading and all apears blank.

Joseu4ever, perhaps your installation is different.  Can you post your version of Apache and PHP here?  (get it from phpinfo() page).

Also, are you sure that you restarted from the beginning after changing the files?
Did you change them on the server?
Did you change them locally and forget to upload them to the server?

2 other people said this fix worked for them on 1&1;shared hosting.  Perhaps your server is slightly different still.  Can you describe problems with the page when you go to the FIRST PAGE ("http://yourdomain/shop/").  And then the URL and the problems with the page after clicking the first continue button.  The description of URL and pages for the first and second step of installation should be enough for me to figure out what’s different about your setup.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Josue4ever

Mexico DF

PHP Version 5.2.4 Yo can check it here

Apache 1.3.29

Host 1and 1 Linux Shared Hosting

I tryed to change the ORIG_SCRIPT_NAME in the files and then I can run the installer. But in the last step after I type my name and mail shows a “The page cannot display”

Then, i changed the files in my ftp program. Next when i have no results, deleted it and uploat again.

When I type the folder installation, that apears like before (lot of tme loading, seems broken, no button)

When I typed the URL default folder here only take time loading and send me a “redireccion status”.

I hope you can help me

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community