Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Custom Options Limit

ikondigital

Total Posts:  5

Hi there,

Is there a limit to the number of rows & options that you can have in custom options?

When ever I created about 140 different rows for my custom options and when i try to add in a new option or row the system says that it has saved the option successfully but when you look for it the custom option has disappeared.

On the website front end the options are working fine.

How can you extend the number of options and rows within the custom options, so that i could have like 500 rather than 140?

Has anyone else come across the problem before?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

ikondigital

Does any one have anything that could help?
Any help would be great.

Magento Community
Magento Community

NadiaK
Magento Team

Total Posts:  4

Does the host server that you use for your Magento installation have the Suhosin PHP extension? This extension can cut the size of posts.

Magento Community
Magento Community

duffybelfield

Total Posts:  119

Do you have any error messages coming from Magento or PHP logs?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Dennis N

Total Posts:  29

I’m having a similar problem using a Custom Options Template Module where my options would randomly disappear. Any thoughts?

Magento Community
Magento Community

ednajones

Total Posts:  1

The phone number for Precis Internation in L.A. is disconnected, stores aren’t carrying it.
Vistaprint

Magento Community
Magento Community

ikondigital

Hi Guys, for me it was a Suhosin php problem.

You can tell if your server is using Suhosin php by creating a phpinfo.php file with the code:

<?php
phpinfo();
?>

This will display what type of php you are using.

You can change Suhosin with php.ini or .htaccess (you are supose to be able to)
How ever when I tried to change Suhosin with either php.ini or .htaccess it was crashing my website. but I was able to ask my server (I am running a VPS server) company to up the levels of 2 areas to what you see below:

suhosin.post.max_vars = 2048
suhosin.request.max_vars = 2048

After doing this it allowed me to continue adding new rows to the custom options.

Hope this helps people

Magento Community
Magento Community

ikondigital

Hi Guys, for me it was a Suhosin php problem.

You can tell if your server is using Suhosin php by creating a phpinfo.php file with the code:

<?php
phpinfo();
?>

This will display what type of php you are using.

You can change Suhosin with php.ini or .htaccess (you are supose to be able to)
How ever when I tried to change Suhosin with either php.ini or .htaccess it was crashing my website. but I was able to ask my server (I am running a VPS server) company to up the levels of 2 areas to what you see below:

suhosin.post.max_vars = 2048
suhosin.request.max_vars = 2048

After doing this it allowed me to continue adding new rows to the custom options.

Hope this helps people

Magento Community
Magento Community

willekea

Total Posts:  1

Hi there,

Is there a limit to the number of rows & options that you can have in custom options?

When ever I created about 140 different rows for my custom options and when i try to add in a new option or row the system says that it has saved the option successfully but when you look for it the custom option has disappeared.

On the website front end the options are working fine.

How can you extend the number of options and rows within the custom options, so that i could have like 500 rather than 140?

Has anyone else come across the problem before?

This is not a product limitation but this is limitation in PHP

When you are saving a product all information is sent to the data Base and at this moment you can\’t send more than 1000.
Even if you add 1 more option, it doesn\’t mean that you will send only those changes but all information about product (name, all attributes, prices - everything) will be send to DB per action/per saving.

Magento is going to change this mechanism of saving so in the feature you will have ability to add more and more information.

This will happen in the beginning of next year, not sure yet which date though.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community