Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Is the email issue fixed with 1.1.7

gevans

Total Posts:  6

Hi,

I can’t send emails at all from the ‘Contact Us’ form and I don’t recieve emails after orders are made.

I have search the forums for a few days now and have tried many suggestions.

I read that this was a known issue and that it had been fixed and would be distributed in the next round of fixes. However, I have installed 1.1.7 and its still the same. Should it be working?

Does anyone else have this problem?

Could some one from the Magento team answer these questions?

Thank you

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

pro120

Total Posts:  15

Im experiencing the same problem.

I have a cms page set up with the mini newsletter sign up script.  After entering their email address they are supposed to receive an email with a link to a secure download.  I also have tried to send out a newsletter via the template/queue structure but in the queue the amount processed sits at 0 when its status is stated as sending.

Concerning the newsletter sign up that is supposed to email a subscription success msg with the download link, it sends to test email address’s I’ve set up that are located on the same server (essentially me@mydomain.com sends to you@mydomain.com just fine) but not any other outside email address (i.e. yahoo, hotmail, gmail are the ones I tested..  Now I’ve found that the Linux server is using Qmail as its backend mailing program which Ive read from other posts is supposed to be compatible with magento. 

I’m most curious if the send issue is magento oriented or server side oriented.

Another peculiar thing is that order confirmation email’s that I customized also send just fine.  Could email encoding is specific ways like html or utf8 effect how Qmail and the server reads and decides to send?  I’m sooo lost on this issue atm.

Magento Community
Magento Community

gevans

Total Posts:  6

Come on people, I really need help with this. Pleaseee.

I have now uninstalled WAMP and tried XAMPP and now I’m back to WAMP.

Instead of upgrading 1.1.6 to 1.1.7 I have started my site again using 1.1.7

My problem is still that I recieve no emails. After a user sends a message from the ‘Contact Us’ page. It says ‘Your inquiry was submitted and will be responded to as soon as possible. Thank you for contacting us.’ but no emails come through.

Also after an order is made there is no email sent through.

My php.ini file reads:
; For Win32 only.
SMTP = localhost
smtp_port = 25

; For Win32 only.
sendmail_from = admin@mydomain

I have tried changing the local to English(US) and duplicating the folder.

thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

SimpleHelixcom
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  906
Huntsville, AL

check your router or your isp, perhaps your port 25 is blocked.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community