Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Custom category attribute

inderr

Total Posts:  4

I have added a custom category attribute in my magento admin it showed up fine if i choose it as a text field,but I want to show the list of categories in the multiselect box as per requirement i have added multiselect box but could’nt figure out how to display category names in it.
any idea???

Thanks . . .

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

MagePsycho

Total Posts:  1702

You can get idea from this article:
http://subesh.com.np/2010/01/creating-custom-sourced-multiselect-product-attribute/

Thanks
Regards

Magento Community
Magento Community

inderr

Total Posts:  4

HI Thanks for the Link,

I am trying to make an attribute Similar to ”Available Product Listing Sort By” doing some search I found that it comes from here “/app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/Model/Category/Attribute/Source/Sortby.php”
“/app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/Model/Category/Attribute/Backend/Sortby.php”
“EAV_ATTRIBUTE” does have an record for this something like below

attribute_id---entity_type_id---attribute_code---attribute_model---backend_model---backend_type---backend_table---frontend_model---frontend_input---frontend_label---frontend_class--- source_model---is_required---is_user_defined---default_value---is_unique---note

58---3---available_sort_by---NULL---catalog/category_attribute_backend_sortby---text---multiselect---Available Product Listing Sort By---catalog/category_attribute_source_sortby---1---0---0

I want to add some thing like this Using the default Category Structure to show up in my Custom attribute or the Other choice is to have Multiple Parents assigned to a Category.

any help or direction would be much appreciated…

Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

hkpatel201

Total Posts:  25

Try this. May be help somone.
http://hkpatel201.blogspot.in/2013/02/create-custom-category-attribute-in.html

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community