Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Want to remove header from Categories View Page! 

Muneeba

Total Posts:  6

Hi,

Which file do I need to mess with, if I don’t want to show the header (i.e logo, etc) on the categories page?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

wdchoi

Total Posts:  20

Hi.

Go see the xml layout files : app/design/frontend/<your_package>/<your_theme>/layout/catalog.xml and page.xml

if you don’t have a special package nor a special theme, replace both of these by “default”.

You’ll have different tags to mess with in the XML file. The <default> tag allows to put a general block that will appear in all sub-pages. That’s generally where you’ll find the navigation menu and header.

you also have the other tags, like, <module_controller_default> and <module_controller_action>. These are the handles that will get triggered if the corresponding page is called.

PM me for more.

David

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community