Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

It would be nice to have a summary of what is fixed in this release (not 300 item list)

wsj3
Guru

Total Posts:  521
Portland, OR

It would be nice to have a summary of the important fixes in this release. Did the order management messages get fixed, did the Free Shipping in Google Checkout get fixed, is search improved, etc…

Does anyone know where there is a good summary of the important fixes that many people have asked for?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

tsifra

Total Posts:  57

Links in this list would be nice too

Magento Community
Magento Community

tsifra

Total Posts:  57

Bug report status subscription and comment subscription would be great too!

Magento Community
Magento Community

alex.bsc
Guru

Total Posts:  340

im sure lots of things have been fixed but oh lordy have a lot of new bugs popped up that were not there before..
an urgent bugfix release is needed by the end of this coming week (end of november as magento said).

keep up the hard work, varien. we need some crucial bugs fixed asap as our stores’ functionality is suffering!
thanks.

Magento Community
Magento Community

alex.bsc
Guru

Total Posts:  340

and to the OP, my observations so far;

did the Free Shipping in Google Checkout get fixed - no, unless you use flat rate shipping and create shopping cart price rules to give free shipping to google checkout. this is the current ‘fix’. and good luck getting your existing catalog price rules applied. it is now broken.

is search improved - i thought so but apparently not. i ended up installing a search extension again.

im sticking with 1.1.7 but it has caused me 2 days’ worth of discovering new bugs and tracking them down.
another bug-fix iteration is urgently needed, at least to fix the new bugs or to fix what wasnt broken before, but is now.

can’t wait!

Magento Community
Magento Community

sherrie
Mentor

Total Posts:  1655
Waterloo, ON

http://www.magentocommerce.com/roadmap/release/1.1.7

Magento Community
Magento Community

wsj3
Guru

Total Posts:  521
Portland, OR

Sherrie, Thanks for the response, but this link is what lead to my asking for something that wasn’t the huge list. I can’t take the time to parse that huge list and figure out what the big fixes and improvements were in 1.1.7.

Ah well.... :>

Magento Community
Magento Community

sherrie
Mentor

Total Posts:  1655
Waterloo, ON

Ah, gotcha. You can just use Ctrl+F if you’re wanting to search within that page. Not sure if that helps or not.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community