Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

404 when adding Configurable Product

dannyswine

Total Posts:  17

I am just setting up my inventory in a fresh install.  I currently have 20-something simple products, some of which I want to combine in a configurable product.  Problem!

I click to add a new product, choose my category, and the “configurable” option.  The screen comes up asking me to choose the attributes associated with this configurable product (one that was pre-loaded in the system, and one I entered myself).  Regardless of whether or not I choose one or both of these options (an combination), when I click Continue I am redirected to a frontend 404 error page.  What the heck is going on here???

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

dannyswine

Total Posts:  17

After 24 hours of hair-pulling, reinstalling and general freaking out, I’ve discovered the problem.  Apparently the 404 error when attempting to create or edit configurable products was coming from a setting in the Configuration -> Inventory section, where I had set the system to NOT manage stock.  With that option set to “YES” instead, configurable products seem to be working fine again.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community