Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Best shipping solution for UK based ecommerce shipping in the UK and abroad??? 

lab9

Total Posts:  2

I am in the process of research what would be the best shipping solution.

We are UK based with customers around the world.

Comparing primariliy DHL, UPS and Royal Mail.

Which is the most compatible with Magento?

Any extensions that work particularly well in terms of managing VAT with the ability to remove Vat for those Products shipping Abroad?

Please share your thoughts and experiences, any help on this would be very helpful.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

SilverSoft

Total Posts:  19

don’t understand what exactly u want

as an shipping label extension i would recommend
www.quickonlineship.com

it is easy to use and web based

Magento Community
Magento Community

MetaPack

Total Posts:  19
London

Hi Lab9,
It sounds like you’re selecting your shipping carrier based on the quality of the extension, rather than selecting the right carrier(s) for your business and then looking for the best solution(s) for those carrier(s).
I would recommend getting the right blend of carriers first, based on service and price, before worrying about the software (that’s the easy bit to sort out).
Cheers.

Magento Community
Magento Community

WebShopApps
Guru

Total Posts:  460
London, UK

Hi,

Bit of a delayed reply on this one, dont get on the forums as much as I’d like these days.  On the extension side I’d suggest taking a look at Matrixrates in first instance - this will allow you to show multiple rates to the customer (e.g. 1st class, 2nd class, Courier) and vary the rates based on destination, price, etc.

In terms of VAT standard Magento will allow you to set up rules for which countries to apply VAT and which not too. The trick comes with EU VAT where you need to apply in some instances and not other. We have written a blog about this.

Rgds

Karen

lab9 - 08 August 2011 09:18 AM

I am in the process of research what would be the best shipping solution.

We are UK based with customers around the world.

Comparing primariliy DHL, UPS and Royal Mail.

Which is the most compatible with Magento?

Any extensions that work particularly well in terms of managing VAT with the ability to remove Vat for those Products shipping Abroad?

Please share your thoughts and experiences, any help on this would be very helpful.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community