Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Sending a ‘newsletter subscription success’ email doesn’t work

michielh

Total Posts:  22

Hi,

I’m trying to figure out how to send an email to the customer after he has confirmed the subscription of the newsletter. I’ve set “Need to Confirm” to yes in System>configuration>customer>newsletter and magento uses email templates that I installed in app\locale\nl_NL\template\email. The confirmation email is send out in Dutch, however after I confirm the emailaddress no confirmation success email is send afterwards. Does anyone know what could be causing this?

Thanks!

Michiel

[edit]
The strange thing is; if I uncheck “Need to confirm”, the newsletter confirmation success email is sent. It looks like magento can send only one email?

[edit2]
Ok, I fixed it using a hack. For those of you interested:

- copy app/code/core/Mage/Newsletter/Model/Subscriber.php to app/code/local/Mage/Newsletter/Model
- find the function confirm($code) , which is at line 423
- under ->save(); , add: $this->sendConfirmationSuccessEmail();

If there is a way that doesn’t involve hacking the core, I’m really interested. Thanks!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

marcelrs

Total Posts:  7

Thank you! That worked perfectly. If anyonelse is having the same problem, try what our friend above suggests, despite changing core files it was the only solution that worked for me.

Magento Community
Magento Community

benji1234

Total Posts:  4

Thank you!  your hack worked for me with 1.7.0.2 CE

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community