Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Add Product in USD, sell in Euros? 

UnforgiveNX

Total Posts:  6

Hi All,

All I want to do is to add products in USD, and sell them in Euros according to conversion rates between $ and €. I’m buying the products in USD, so I want to reflect the changes in currency rates to the prices. And I want to sell the products in Euros not in USD.

Any idea on how to do this?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Amasty
Mentor

Total Posts:  3988

That is possible just out of the box. Open the configuration and set “USD” as “Base Currency” and add Euro to the allowed currencies list. You can check the rates at the page Admin > System > Manage Currency rates

Magento Community
Magento Community

UnforgiveNX

Total Posts:  6

Amasty - 07 August 2011 06:57 AM

That is possible just out of the box. Open the configuration and set “USD” as “Base Currency” and add Euro to the allowed currencies list. You can check the rates at the page Admin > System > Manage Currency rates

Thank you but this is not what I mentioned. If I set Base Currency as USD, all transactions will also be in USD (like Paypal etc.). And all other prices like shipping cost must be entered in USD. This is not what I want. I just want to add products in USD only, for the rest I need Euros.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Creepin

Total Posts:  28

i was also facing this problem and i solved it the following way (not the best way i think, but it works fine to me):

in yourtheme/template/checkout/onepage.html add the following to the beginning:

<? 
$baseCurrencyCode 
Mage::app()->getStore()->getBaseCurrencyCode();
$currentCurrencyCode Mage::app()->getStore()->getCurrentCurrencyCode();
if (
$baseCurrencyCode != $currentCurrencyCode{
Mage
::app()->getStore()->setCurrentCurrencyCode($baseCurrencyCode);
//A Info Message (See link below)

Mage::getSingleton('checkout/session')->addNotice($this->__('Charged in Euro'));

//These two lines are required to get it to work

session_write_close(); //THIS LINE IS VERY IMPORTANT!

Mage::app()->getFrontController()->getResponse()->setRedirect('/checkout/onepage');

?>

and after

<div class="page-title">
    <
h1><?php echo $this->__('Checkout'?></h1>
</
div>

add

<?php Mage::app()->getLayout()->getMessagesBlock()->setMessages(Mage::getSingleton('checkout/session')->getMessages(true)); ?>
<?php 
echo $this->getMessagesBlock()->getGroupedHtml() ?>

Add a translation for ‘Charged in Euro’

What this code does:

if a customer enters the checkout process (onepage) and has a different currency selected than base currency, the currency is changed to base currency and he will get a notice that the payment process is handled in Euro (base currency) .

So i have no problems with payment methods and foreign currencies and also invoices etc are handled in Euro and make it easy for accounting.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community