Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Why installation is so troubled? I can´t install the new magento version. 

imendes

Total Posts:  11

With version 0.6… I get a lot of problems. After many searchs, some posts, some answers and many patient, changed configurations and so on, I finally solved the problems and I got magento works.

Now, in the same computer I can’t install version 0.7.14800.  In the 4rd step I get a lot of sql and zend errors. I searched here to try to solve my problems, but I can’t.

So, I moved to my laptop and try ti install. I get stuck on step 3 (Download Updates). When I press the button ‘Continue After Manual Download’, the page is reloaded and I can’t move on.

I have installed other carts (oscommerce, zencart, cubecart) even in beta versions, and I never got any problems in installation.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

opalu

Total Posts:  8
seabush, germany

flying to the moon seems to be a little bit more comlicated than flying a kite on the beach ...

Magento Community
Magento Community

imendes

Thank you. You help me a lot!

How about giving some real answers and quit that philosophy crap? It doesn’t belong here!

Magento Community
Magento Community

lkbryant

Total Posts:  60

imendes,

perhaps you could start off by posting your hosting environment

Magento Community
Magento Community

imendes

I’m trying to install in my pc (localhost).

- Windows XP SP2
- Apache 2.0.59
- PHP 5.2.3
- MySQL 5.0.41

I don’t any package like xampp, it’s all individual installations.

With version 0.6 everything went ok (with some modifications).

Magento Community
Magento Community

imendes

So, no one have the same problem?

On the 3rd step (Download Updates), when I press ‘Continue After Manual Download’ I get the same page, and I can’t go on.

Someone help?

I really want to use Magento, but first I need to install it smile

Thank you again.

Magento Community
Magento Community

coeus

Total Posts:  39

I’m having the same problem and also looking for a fix.

- Windows XP SP2
- Apache 2.2.6
- PHP 5.2.5
- MySQL 5.0.45

The error spits out a PDOException Object ... and at the bottom of the massive PDOException object there is this:

exception 'Mage_Core_Exception' with message 'Error in file: "C:\wamp\www\magento\app\code\core\Mage\Core\sql\core_setup\mysql4-install-0.7.0.php" - SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 2014 Cannot execute queries while other unbuffered queries are active.  Consider using PDOStatement::fetchAll().  Alternatively, if your code is only ever going to run against mysql, you may enable query buffering by setting the PDO::MYSQL_ATTR_USE_BUFFERED_QUERY attribute.' in C:\wamp\www\magento\app\Mage.php:363
Stack trace
:
#0 C:\wamp\www\magento\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\Resource\Setup.php(254): Mage::exception('Mage_Core', 'Error in file: ...')
#1 C:\wamp\www\magento\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\Resource\Setup.php(133): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->_modifyResourceDb('install', '', '0.7.0')
#2 C:\wamp\www\magento\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\Resource\Setup.php(120): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->_installResourceDb('0.7.0')
#3 C:\wamp\www\magento\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\Resource\Setup.php(94): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->applyUpdates()
#4 C:\wamp\www\magento\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\Config.php(156): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup::applyAllUpdates()
#5 C:\wamp\www\magento\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\App.php(135): Mage_Core_Model_Config->init(NULL)
#6 C:\wamp\www\magento\app\Mage.php(390): Mage_Core_Model_App->init('base', NULL)
#7 C:\wamp\www\magento\app\Mage.php(410): Mage::app('base', NULL)
#8 C:\wamp\www\magento\index.php(29): Mage::run('base')
#9 {main}

Magento Community
Magento Community

Moshe
Magento Team

Total Posts:  1770
Los Angeles

Please see http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/2364/P15/

Magento Community
Magento Community

imendes

Thanks for your help.

Now I’m able to go to the next step (database information), but when I try to move to the next step I get an huge error.

I attached the htm file.

File Attachments
configPost.htm  (File Size: 250KB - Downloads: 1771)

Magento Community
Magento Community

imendes

I give up. I tried all the solutions here and nothing works.

I will wait until the next version is out. I hope it doesn’t bring so many installation problems.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community