Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Multiple shopping carts? 

MageParts
Guru

Total Posts:  415

Is there any options or settings for multiple shopping carts in Magento?

Regards, Bockbertil

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

iiNTENSE
Guru

Total Posts:  432
Lansing, MI

Yes, Magento does allow you to create multiple stores via the admin panel.  If you want seperate admin panels, you will have to install Magento in subdirectory folders.

Magento Community
Magento Community

MageParts
Guru

Total Posts:  415

Hi, thanks for your reply. Although my question was regarding shopping carts, not stores. I was wondering if it’s possible for customers to have more then one cart with various items in them.

// Regards Bockbertil

Magento Community
Magento Community

invaderflid

Total Posts:  59
Northport Long Island New York

Was looking for something similar to this. I’d like to be able to distinguish between items with a price and items without a price during the checkout process. I figure a good way to do this would be with separate carts. Unless someone has a better way to go about this?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community