Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

[b]Magento 1.5.0---Google--missing product type for uploaded products[/b]

lyt108

Total Posts:  11

I am using Magento to attempt to list all of my products in Google. I have successfully loaded my products however I am still getting the error message “Your item list is missing product type values. Please submit product type values for all items”.  Now I have created an attribute to take care of my UPC codes and linked it to the GTIN field for google......  this took care of the UPI (Unique Product Identifier) error message, but i can’t seem to figure how to do this one. 

I have heard how the Google has new “categories” for product types....that is optional....is this what this is? 

My items do appear to be searchable....but dont want any errors in google merchant center.
Descriptions and images are also being propagated successfully.
Technical details
Product Search:  Searchable
Product Ads:  Searchable

However I am getting only 2 impressions and 0 clicks on several hundred items.

Can anyone suggest anything?  What field is missing?  and is there an attribute within my products that will take care of this error?  How should I Map it?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

bulingit43

Total Posts:  13

I’d also like to use Magento for my price listing. I’m trying to use it in my google account . could this be possible?

Magento Community
Magento Community

brittenygoff

Total Posts:  2

Hi,

Maybe Advanced Product Feeds it’s right choice for you http://mirasvit.com/magento-extensions/advanced-product-feeds-generator.html
Tried it and was pleased. Very simple and effective.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community