Magento Forum

Importing to multiple stores with dataflow profile

dev18

Total Posts:  21

I have created 2 stores in Magento admin and now I have tried to import products to these stores. After import, program tells that everything was successful, but I cannot see any products under Catalog / Manage Products. But if I change store name to admin, then products appear under Catalog / Manage Products. For store name in csv I use store view code.

So I assume that if I can import products with store name admin, then there is nothing wrong with my csv file, but for some reason Magento is not importing products to multiple stores. So is it possible to import to multiple stores or what is wrong with my current setup?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Store_Manager
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  854

So I assume that if I can import products with store name admin, then there is nothing wrong with my csv file, but for some reason Magento is not importing products to multiple stores. So is it possible to import to multiple stores or what is wrong with my current setup?

Hello,

As I know Magento itself allows you to import products into one store view only. In case you want to select store views to import products to, you’re welcome to check Store Manager for Magento application:
http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/store-manager-for-magento.html
It has store view step where you can indicate where to import products enabling corresponding check-box, so you do not need to set it in your file at all.

Let me know how it goes and if you need any further assistance.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community