Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Developing Ecommerce site by magento

joomlaoscommerc

Total Posts:  2
Dhaka, Bangladesh

i am from Bangladesh, one of my good client decided to develop a ecoomerce site i mean Online Shopping cart , but now he is confusion that whether one is suitable for him, i suggested him magneto, 15-16 months ago i did develop a site using magento, during that time it was free, but now we have to pay, so, 2nd point, here we are afraid about loading time, since bangladeshi internet speed is not like USa, another 3rd point is Security, any body experts, please help me to fix the situation, i have time till september 5, 2011, thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

NeilA

Total Posts:  1372
Blue Mountains, Oz

I’m not sure what you are asking help for to fix, but I can tell you that Magento CE (Community Edition) is still free. Version 1.6 is very close to release and is in RC now.
As far as I know, none of the recent Magento CE versions have any particular security holes, so what specifically are you concerned about with secrurity?

Regards

joomlaoscommerc - 02 August 2011 02:43 PM

i am from Bangladesh, one of my good client decided to develop a ecoomerce site i mean Online Shopping cart , but now he is confusion that whether one is suitable for him, i suggested him magneto, 15-16 months ago i did develop a site using magento, during that time it was free, but now we have to pay, so, 2nd point, here we are afraid about loading time, since bangladeshi internet speed is not like USa, another 3rd point is Security, any body experts, please help me to fix the situation, i have time till september 5, 2011, thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

thebod

Total Posts:  81

From the security-point-of-view Magento is very good and there are no public issues known.

Magento uses prepared statements, and standart-escaping of passed variables (like GET and POST) and is very secure at all.

And like NeilA said: Magento CE is free.

Magento Community
Magento Community

fady2011

Total Posts:  3

thebod - 09 August 2011 02:09 PM

From the security-point-of-view Magento is very good and there are no public issues known.

Magento uses prepared statements, and standart-escaping of passed variables (like GET and POST) and is very secure at all.

And like NeilA said: Magento CE is free.

that’s nice…

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community