Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

After Upgrade search results “too many redirects”

mynameschris

Total Posts:  26

I have recently upgraded a store from 1.4 to 1.5, everything went through fine once I worked out how to use SSH however a few incompatibilities have since come to light.

The one which is causing the most problems is the search, if we try to look up various key words the system works fine however when I try other key terms the browser spends a good amount of time loading and then states that “the page is not redirecting properly”

Hopefully this is as easy to fix as some of the other issues, I have tried using some of the default themes so it is not a problem with our modified template.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Mirasvit
Guru

Total Posts:  639

Hello,

In fact, Magenta search is not perfect. Very often a user doesn’t find what he was looking for and leaves the store. Good decision is to integrate the Sphinx search engine. It greatly improves the quality and relevance of search results. Look at http://mirasvit.com/magento-extensions/magento-sphinx-search.html

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community