Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Can’t set quantity on credit memo

prot0type

Total Posts:  25

Hi,

I hope someone can point me in the right direction here, this is driving me nuts! The scenario is:

- customer orders several products
- order dispatched and complete
- customer later returns one item

So now I want to create a credit memo for part of the order:

- I open the order
- Select Credit Memo (offline credit)

BUT I can’t select the quantity for items to refund. - Magento has locked this field.

This only happens if the payment type on the original order was Paypal or Payflow Pro. For example if I create a test order and pay via money order or some other payment module then it IS possible to create a credit memo.

Has anyone had this problem?
How do you correctly record the credit memo?
Is there a hack to allow credit memos for these payment methods?

Thanks in advance.

Tim

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

prot0type

Total Posts:  25

Bump

Has anyone else had trouble creating credit memos for part of an order? (Magento 1.5.1)

I can\’t be the only one?

This seems to be by design but I am looking for ideas from anyone who has found a workaround and/or a hack to enable the ability to set item quantity on credit memos.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Studio2online

Total Posts:  1

Did you ever find a solution to this, i’ve got exactly the same problem?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community