Magento Forum

Critical Problem after update to 1.1.7 (Production server)

restos

Total Posts:  79

After upgrade, I can´t get frontend or backend. I always get:

Please help, its a production store:

[codeError in file: “/home/mercasy1/mydomain.com/html/app/code/core/Mage/CatalogRule/sql/catalogrule_setup/mysql4-upgrade-0.7.4-0.7.5.php” - SQLSTATE[42S01]: Base table or view already exists: 1050 Table ‘catalogrule_affected_product’ already exists
Trace:
#0 /home/mercasy1/mydomain.com/html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(286): Mage::exception(’Mage_Core’, ‘Error in file: ...’)
#1 /home/mercasy1/mydomain.com/html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(178): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->_modifyResourceDb(’upgrade’, ‘0.7.4’, ‘0.7.5’)
#2 /home/mercasy1/mydomain.com/html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(145): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->_upgradeResourceDb(’0.7.4’, ‘0.7.5’)
#3 /home/mercasy1/mydomain.com/html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(120): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->applyUpdates()
#4 /home/mercasy1/mydomain.com/html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Config.php(215): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup::applyAllUpdates()
#5 /home/mercasy1/mydomain.com/html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(243): Mage_Core_Model_Config->init(Array)
#6 /home/mercasy1/mydomain.com/html/app/Mage.php(424): Mage_Core_Model_App->init(’english2’, ‘store’, Array)
#7 /home/mercasy1/mydomain.com/html/app/Mage.php(443): Mage::app(’english2’, ‘store’, Array)
#8 /home/mercasy1/mydomain.com/html/index.php(46): Mage::run(’english2’)
#9 {main}

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

hero

Total Posts:  33

never do upgrades without backup of data !

There is something with your SQL

SQLSTATE[42S01]: Base table or view already exists: 1050 Table ‘catalogrule_affected_product’ already exists
Trace:

and also check the index.php page, because you don’t use the default store, but english2 make sure this is indicated in your index.php

I am also new to Magento, but at a first glance I think it’s this.

Backup or deploy it locally. I will start my upgrade now.. so maybe we’ll see eachother the coming hours smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

markf

Total Posts:  145

i get the same error:

SQLSTATE[42S01]: Base table or view already exists: 1050 Table ‘catalogrule_affected_product’ already exists
Trace:

no solution, i went back to 1.1.6 for now.

Magento Community
Magento Community

woodmage

Total Posts:  10

Also got the same error.  Anybody figure out what the issue is?

Was able to roll back to 1.1.6 and am up and running on that.

The upgrade worked fine in my local dev copy and our staging install ( which is on the same server as production ), but production got the above mentioned error.

Could it be a multiple install instance issue?  Anybody else who got the error running multiple installs on the same box with APC enabled?  Just brainstorming.  I really have no evidence that is what caused it, but find it interesting that it worked in dev and staging, but not production, all from an identical code base ( subversion repository ).

Magento Community
Magento Community

markf

Woodmage - I think you are right, it has to do with multiple installs.  I first installed 1.1.7 on my site and it worked fine, but it messed up my theme so I did a restore back to 1.1.6 until I had time to fix the theme.  Later when I tried to redo the 1.1.7 upgrade it would not let me.  Upon further inspection, some of the tables and changes to the database 1.1.7 made during the first attempt were still in there.  That is what causes the problem, for me at least.  I have no idea how to get around this though.  I need my DB to go back to its ‘virgin’ 1.1.6 setup in order to install 1.1.7.  Either that or just allow 1.1.7 the rights to overwrite those parts when installing.

Make any sense?

Magento Community
Magento Community

woodmage

Total Posts:  10

Not exactly what I was thinking.  I had a db backup that I put in after rolling back to 1.1.6, so didn’t run into the same problem you are having.  I actually have two separate installs of magento on the same server.  I was wondering if it had anything to do with the APC cache issues with multiple separate installs.  I don’t know that it is that.  Just a thought.

In your case, if you have a db backup pre-1.1.7, if you restore that, then you should be up and running again, at least that was my experience.

Magento Community
Magento Community

markf

Yeah, after I re-read your post I realized your case was not exactly the same. 

I have a backup, but for some reason, it keeps the changes 1.1.7 made so I’m out of luck in that regard.

Magento Community
Magento Community

RPGShop

Total Posts:  143

I simply renamed the existing table to _old and then went back to the website and that seemed to work. Just a duplicate entry in the update scripts I guess.

James

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community