Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

1.1.6 -> 1.1.7 installation problem

junkthemenace

Total Posts:  16

When trying to upgrade through magento connect, i git following error:

downloading Interface_Frontend_Default_Iphone-1.1.4.tgz ...
Starting to download Interface_Frontend_Default_Iphone-1.1.4.tgz (191,197 bytes)
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ...done: 191,197 bytes
downloading Mage_Core_Modules-1.1.7.tgz ...
Starting to download Mage_Core_Modules-1.1.7.tgz (1,343,518 bytes)
...done: 1,343,518 bytes
Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 29884416) (tried to allocate 16 bytes) in ....../store/downloader/pearlib/php/PEAR/Installer.php on line 684

Any Idea?
Deniz

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

hero

Total Posts:  33

search the forum on Out of memory. I have seen a message for this on to disable this memory flooding protection
Out of memory (allocated 29884416

Magento Community
Magento Community

flzysh

Total Posts:  62
Casco, Maine

This is not a magento issue however a config issue on your end. Google php memory limits.

Magento Community
Magento Community

jerka

Total Posts:  11

ok so im trying to install this and i get that i have too old PHP.
Thing is i have PHP Version 5.1.2 and its not long ago we updated.
Seems strange to me that you make it require 5.2 this early and i doubht that many hosts has 5.2 already.

Magento Community
Magento Community

junkthemenace

Total Posts:  16

ok, obviously because of server config issues I coulnd’t install 1.1.7.

Now when I try to upgrade other extensions, it still tries to download and install 1.1.7 which again fails.
How can I get it out of the installation queue?

In the connect manager my version is shown as 1.1.6 installed and the action field is empty. When I try to upgrade just the iphone interface I get:

Starting to download Interface_Frontend_Default_Iphone-1.1.4.tgz (191,197 bytes)
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ...done: 191,197 bytes

Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 29884416) (tried to allocate 210 bytes) in /homepages/18/d240008103/htdocs/store/downloader/pearlib/php/PEAR/Installer.php on line 684

Magento Community
Magento Community

joshua4

Total Posts:  43

junkthemenace - 20 November 2008 01:23 PM

When trying to upgrade through magento connect, i git following error:

Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 29884416) (tried to allocate 16 bytes) in ....../store/downloader/pearlib/php/PEAR/Installer.php on line 684

Any Idea?
Deniz

I’m having this same exact problem. Running PHP 5.2.13 Magento 1.3.0 (a completely fresh install) and trying to upgrade to latest Magento version using
./pear upgrade magento-core/Mage_All_Latest

I get the exact out of memory error but mine is from XMLParser.php

I made changes to that file outputting ini_get(’memory_limit’) and it always shows the correct setting. I’ve tried to update php.ini to 128M and 900M but no matter how much memory is assigned the error still happens.

I have done exhaustive searches but haven’t been able to find any solutions.

Magento Community
Magento Community

joshua4

Total Posts:  43

For those that may find this thread, the problem for me was with the PHP extension suhosin that sets security memory limits for PHP. Disabling that extension solved the problem.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community