Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

I want to downgrade 1.1.6

bradsugar

Total Posts:  28

How do I do that ? I have back-up file for my site before. 1.1.7 seems so many errors… Please help

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

seudo
Guru

Total Posts:  344

When you say backup do you just have a database backup or the entire website?

Magento Community
Magento Community

bradsugar

Total Posts:  28

seudo? - 21 November 2008 12:17 PM

When you say backup do you just have a database backup or the entire website?

I have database backup. What folder in my web page should be backed up? Otherwise it will be so big

Magento Community
Magento Community

seudo
Guru

Total Posts:  344

What the upgrade does is overwrite all files except the app/local and the default theme. If you had a backup of all the magento files prior to the upgrade you could downgrade back to 1.1.6 and restore your 1.1.6 database backup.

The best practice that I have found is have a development website and a production website that are pretty much identical. That way when you do an upgrade do it on the develpment website and see what happens. If it gets all messed up you could simply copy over the develpment with the production and start all over.

The process is similiar to moving your site to a new server as shown here.

Hope this helps.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community