Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 1 of 2
Installed fine, but get error when try view Browse Available Remote Extensions. 

RH

Total Posts:  81

Hello.
I installed the new version of magento fine, did the manual downlaod as the automatic would’nt work.

Now when i go to System- Extensions - Avaialable remote i get the following error:

Warning: file_exists() [function.file-exists]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/usr/local/etc/pear.conf) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/justusbc/:/tmp:/usr/local/lib/php/) in /home/justusbc/domains/nailsnails.co.uk/public_html/lib/pear/php/PEAR/Config.php on line 595
[0] in file_exists("/usr/local/etc/pear.conf") in /home/justusbc/domains/nailsnails.co.uk/public_html/lib/pear/php/PEAR/Config.php on line 595
[1] in PEAR_Config->PEAR_Config("/home/justusbc/domains/nailsnails.co.uk/public_html/lib/pear/pear.ini", “”, , 1) in /home/justusbc/domains/nailsnails.co.uk/public_html/lib/pear/php/PEAR/Config.php on line 645
[2] in PEAR_Config->singleton("/home/justusbc/domains/nailsnails.co.uk/public_html/lib/pear/pear.ini") in /home/justusbc/domains/nailsnails.co.uk/public_html/lib/Varien/Pear.php on line 78
[3] in Varien_Pear->getConfig() in /home/justusbc/domains/nailsnails.co.uk/public_html/lib/Varien/Pear.php on line 47
[4] in Varien_Pear->__construct() in /home/justusbc/domains/nailsnails.co.uk/public_html/lib/Varien/Pear.php on line 53

etc etc

any ideas? thanks

rob

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

RH

Hello,
To solve my poroblem i got in touch with my host simple helix and they removed open_basedir restriction on your account.
This is enabled by default for maximum security but I have gone ahead this feature on my account.

I now dont get any errors when i view system - extensions - avialable remote

But there are no records showing, see photo.

Do i have to set the pear extension sfeature or somethign?

Thanks

Rob

Image Attachments
No-Records.JPG

Magento Community
Magento Community

RH

New problem when i go to system - extension - available remote - when i update an extension, for instance say Interface_Frontend_Default i install it and get the following error. See below.

Interface_Install_Default

ERROR: failed to write /home/justusbc/domains/nailsnails.co.uk/public_html/js/tiny_mce/plugins/preview/images/.tmppreview.gif:
ERROR: failed to write /home/justusbc/domains/nailsnails.co.uk/public_html/app/design/install/default/default/layout/.tmpmain.xml:

I have tried to set the permission writable!

any ideas?

Thanks

Rob

Magento Community
Magento Community

RH

Hello, me again.

Can anyone help with this problem?

I have attached photo of the error i get.

Thanks

Rob

Image Attachments
prob.JPG

Magento Community
Magento Community

Moshe
Magento Team

Total Posts:  1770
Los Angeles

@RH: If you wish to install and upgrade from the web interface, you need to make all magento files apache user (or world) writeable

Magento Community
Magento Community

SimpleHelixcom
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  906
Huntsville, AL

won’t this cause any security issues for php as module setups?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Moshe
Magento Team

Total Posts:  1770
Los Angeles

You never can say that anything is secure enough. Even if it is not connected to the Internet.

There’s another option (3rd on the installation wizard download page) to make all the installations and upgrades from shell console. In that case you do not need to have web server writeable permissions on your files.

Magento Community
Magento Community

RH

In the available remote there is an extension ‘Mage_All’, i have set write perimssion on all files but it throws back this error when i try and install, any ideas?

ERROR: failed to write /home/manicure/domains/manicured.co.uk/public_html/app/etc/modules/.tmpMage_All.xml:

Thanks

Rob

Magento Community
Magento Community

SimpleHelixcom
Enthusiast

Huntsville, AL

Hey RH,

can you try now?

Magento Community
Magento Community

RH

Same error,

ERROR: failed to write /home/manicure/domains/manicured.co.uk/public_html/app/etc/modules/.tmpMage_All.xml:

This is on my new account for manicured.co.uk not my old free account which was nailsnails.co.uk.

Thanks for your help

Cheers

Rob

Magento Community
Magento Community

SimpleHelixcom
Enthusiast

Huntsville, AL

Ok can you try again?

Magento Community
Magento Community

RH

Hello.

Same error.

ERROR: failed to write /home/manicure/domains/manicured.co.uk/public_html/.tmp.htaccess:

Thanks for your effort on this,

Cheers

Rob

Magento Community
Magento Community

Grayson

Total Posts:  58
Netherlands

RH - 06 January 2008 01:54 PM

I installed the new version of magento fine, did the manual downlaod as the automatic would’nt work.

Now when i go to System- Extensions - Avaialable remote i get the following error:

Warning: file_exists() [function.file-exists]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/usr/local/etc/pear.conf) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/justusbc/:/tmp:/usr/local/lib/php/) in /home/justusbc/domains/nailsnails.co.uk/public_html/lib/pear/php/PEAR/Config.php on line 595

I have the same situation. Manual download worked fine, auto-installer complained about open_basedir. Browse Available Remote Extensions in the admin gives open_basedir restrictions, such as:

Warning: file_exists() [function.file-exists]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/usr/etc/pear.conf) is not within the allowed path(s): (/tmp/:/usr/share/pear:/var/lib/php5:/home/butt1348/butterwing.nl/) in /home/butt1348/butterwing.nl/www/lib/pear/php/PEAR/Config.php on line 595

Warning: file_exists() [function.file-exists]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/usr/share/php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/tmp/:/usr/share/pear:/var/lib/php5:/home/butt1348/butterwing.nl/) in /home/butt1348/butterwing.nl/www/lib/pear/php/PEAR/Config.php on line 87

My question is, will this auto-installer / extension browser ever work for everyone (and thus for me smile )? I presume my hoster has things where they need to be and that I’ve been given access to those places (I’ve never had problems in the past almost 3 years running ecommerce software with them). Is Magento looking in unusual places? Or can the locations of the desired files / directories vary from hoster to hoster? This is not my area of expertise, so please bear with me if I’m asking a silly question.

Magento Community
Magento Community

RH

Hello.

I did a new install, setting all files with writable permission then install using the auto install beta version. Worked fine.

But then went to Browse Available Remote Extensions in the admin gives which gave open_basedir restrictions.

I contacted my host and they sorted it out for me,

I still get this error though when I try and load the mage_core, all others work fine.

Don’t worry we’ll get there in the end. lEt me know how you get on.

rob

Magento Community
Magento Community

Grayson

Total Posts:  58
Netherlands

Rob, thanks for your reply. My hoster will not lift the open_basedir restriction (nor should they; I certainly don’t want some overzealous but not fully competent user on the server to be able to trash everyone’s files left and right smile ). I’m sure I could ask them to add particular directories such as /usr/etc/ or /usr/share/php, but it seems to me that all the things I need for PHP and PEAR are already located in the directories I have access to. So my question is really, is Magento looking for files it isn’t going to find on my hoster even without open_basedir, because it isn’t looking in the right places there? In that case, I think it will be hard to ever have the auto-installer / browser work for everyone.

Magento Community
Magento Community

RH

Hello.

Thanks for the advice. Maybe the magento team can answer these question?

Looking forward to there reply.

Cheers

Rob the Novice.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 2