Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Category pricing? 

dtgreenwood

Total Posts:  2

In Magento, can you apply a pricing structure to multiple products or a product category?

The reason I ask is because a client is looking to implement Magento and has a series of products that are of the same type but are for different locations e.g. Day out in Manchester or Day out in London both of which need the same pricing.

They need to add anywhere between 500-700 of these products at anyone time. Obviously having to enter the price for each of these products would be an adminastrative nightmare not mention would take someone days extra to do.

So my question is, can you create a product type that is say Day out and assign all the pricing to that and then add products to that type allowing each product to take it’s pricing from the product type pricing? And if this is possible can you then add a discount to say the Day out in Manchester which will discount only that product?

This functionality would pretty much seal the deal on Magento and I’m looking forward to getting a positive response so I can get them started. If not then I may have to look at getting someone to develop it for them.

Thanks for reading.

Regards,
David.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

mirelon

Total Posts:  41

I would make an attribute (destination) and configurable product based on it.
It is not so quick, but you can hardly get better than linear time:)

Magento Community
Magento Community

dtgreenwood

Total Posts:  2

Can you provide any information or a resource i can use that will tell me how to do this?

Would each product then share the same pricing?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community