Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 2 of 4
Cannot upload images

patunz

Total Posts:  3

I have an 1.1.7 version from 1.1.6, flash 10 and Vista.

The image buttons doesn’t work in any browser (Firefox an Explorer)…

Anyone can solve?

Thanks!

UPDATE: after the update of Interface_Adminhtml_Default to 1.1.5 the image buttons disappear…
SOLVED: after system restarting it works fine with Explorer

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

John Roberts

Total Posts:  4

I’m running the most recent version of Flash (MAC 10,0,12,36) on my Mac OS X 10.5.5 machine, and neither Safari 3.2 nor Firefox 3.0.3 work here, despite shutting down browsers and clearing cache.

Frustrating that the bugs are being closed with no indication of what else (a) to try and or (b) to provide in the way of information.

Here’s my bug, http://www.magentocommerce.com/bug-tracking/issue?issue=4125 and I added the bug numbers of the others telling about similar problems, in different browsers on different platforms—but all 1.1.7.

Magento Community
Magento Community

pro120

Total Posts:  15

Upgraded to Flash Player 10.  Still No luck in any of my browsers after clearing cache and restarting my computer each time.

The page will browse to the files and upload and say complete.  But the issue is when I save it sits on the please wait screen.  I searched and found someone who fixed it by adding the text below to their php.ini which I did on my server’s php.ini file and another located in my store root directory.

magic_quotes_gpc = off
short_open_tag = on
extension=pdo.so
extension=pdo_mysql.so

I feel like this is most likely such a simple problem but im just so stumped and frustrated.  Help me please =).

Magento Community
Magento Community

Evil E

Total Posts:  1

I started off with Magento 1.16 and Flash 10 on a Windows computer.  The Browse Files… button did not do anything.  I downgraded to Flash 9 to fix the problem.

Then I upgraded to Magento 1.17.  Now when I uploaded a file it said it would complete downloading but would not display in the image list.  I upgraded back to Flash 10 to see if that fix the problem.  It did not.

After I cleared the image cache and tried again it did work!  I’m not sure if clearing the image cache alone would have solved the problem, or if it is needed to upgrade to flash 10 and clear image cache.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Kevin Filteau

Total Posts:  10

Pixxa You save my day !!! Thank-you !!

Pixxa - 20 November 2008 10:02 PM

!!!!

added: “magento-core/Mage_All_Latest” in Magento Connect fixed it for me! (mac osx 10.5, flash 10(latest) with safari3 / ff3)

seems ‘just’ upgrading trough the magento connect wasn’t enough, probably was missing some modules/files

Magento Community
Magento Community

seiya

Total Posts:  85
Vienna

i have upgraded with PEAR to 1.1.7 and have MAC OSX 10.5 with Flash 9 so i have not be able to upload pictures. After i clean the cache and upgrad to Flash 10 the upload worked fine! I use Safari 3.2 , 4.0 and Webkit.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Pixxa

Total Posts:  275

Kevin Filteau - 21 November 2008 09:56 AM

Pixxa You save my day !!! Thank-you !!

Pixxa - 20 November 2008 10:02 PM
!!!!

added: “magento-core/Mage_All_Latest” in Magento Connect fixed it for me! (mac osx 10.5, flash 10(latest) with safari3 / ff3)

seems ‘just’ upgrading trough the magento connect wasn’t enough, probably was missing some modules/files

YW wink

Magento Community
Magento Community

Business Feet

Total Posts:  82

Jason Stratford - 21 November 2008 02:44 AM

Business Feet - 21 November 2008 02:38 AM

Same as me. Tried on all mac browsers.

See my edit on previous post, upgrading to Flash play 10 sorted the problem. Thought I was running version 10, turns out I wasn’t. Pays to check these things.

You’re right it does pay to check, it now works, thanks.

Don’t know if this is a related issue or not but now when i upload images and try to save i get the following error message

!Unable to read response, or response is empty!  This removes the image from the product in the backend but it does show on the frontend

Anyone else experiencing this?

UPDATE:: - After upgrading flash player - clear var/cache and var/sessions and all is well again

Magento Community
Magento Community

mistcooling

Total Posts:  11
Houston-Texas-USA

I am having the Image uploading problem since I uploaded ver 1.16 and then upgrade to V 1.17 still
BROWSER FILES & UPLOAD FILES both buton showing not functional and showing Error on page at the left bottom corner on my computer.

How can i solve the product images uploading problem please?
I already clear all cache/temps files as well, but no success.

I have attache screnshot for that page

File Attachments
screnshot_images_upload.doc  (File Size: 135KB - Downloads: 412)

Magento Community
Magento Community

mike222

Total Posts:  41
Austria

I have the same problem:

WinXP
Firefox 3 or IE 6 or Safari
The browse files button does not open a new window.
Magento Version 1.0.19870.6

Firebug reports the following message:

Error #2176
throw new Error(myErrorMessage[1]);
flex.js (Linie 909)

nothing done in magento since the last (successful) use of image upload so I assume it has something to do with my workstation.

Here is the callstack:

--------------

function onclick(event) {
id_50ecaca6bf852c76b75e7e8a26dc168b_UploaderJsObject.browse();
}

--------------

browse: function() {
this.uploader.browse();
},

------------------------

addMethodToType: function(ty, methodName)
{
ty[methodName] = function()
{
return this.bridge.deserialize(this.bridge.callASMethod(this.fb_instance_id, methodName, FABridge.argsToArray(arguments)));
}
},

--------------------------

else
{
FABridge.refCount++;
args = this.serialize(args);
retVal = this.target.invokeASMethod(objID, funcName, args);
retVal = this.handleError(retVal);
FABridge.refCount--;
return retVal;
}
},

--------------------------------

if (typeof(value)=="string" && value.indexOf("__FLASHERROR")==0)
{
var myErrorMessage = value.split("||");
if(FABridge.refCount > 0 )
{
FABridge.refCount--;
}
throw new Error(myErrorMessage[1]);
return value;
}
else
{
return value;
}

Magento Community
Magento Community

ZXIdo

Total Posts:  17

In my case, image upload in 1.1.7 is completely broken in Firefox3 and IE7. I always get a SSL error even though SSL is disabled.
The funny thing is, in Opera it all works perfectly nonetheless.

Magento Community
Magento Community

pro120

Total Posts:  15

The Javascript error with flex.js Ive read was commonly fixed by setting the permissions on /magento/js/ to either 775 or 777.

Still no luck here with image uploads

Does anyone know if not being the root user for the store database can effect whether or not flash can physically upload image files to the server?  I have another user created with my server’s plesk backend that should hold enough permissions to perform those actions, but I’ve read some places that it might not be the case due to suExec or something security related, any thoughts?

I feel like I’m the only person who hasn’t found a working solution, and trust me I’ve tried every solution you could think of, and now i have installed on my computer what seems like a total of 40 different web browsers.

The ONLY thing that worked was posted in this thread http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/20914/

But be careful, I tried this when I was having troubles with 1.1.6 not uploading images and have not tested it with 1.1.7.  I will probably return to this method soon If I need to… sucks that I have to though.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Ben at Keeward

Total Posts:  18
Paris, France

I also had the same problem.
Installing Mage_All_Latest solved it perfectly, althought I had to do it twice : in order to be more secure, I had “ALTER” right removed from my mysql user which raised an PDOException :

[message:protected] => SQLSTATE[42000]Syntax error or access violation1142 ALTER command denied to user 'magento'@'localhost' for table 'core_store'

So I just add “ALTER” right, installed Mage_All_Latest again and everything worked just fine.

But now I wonder : Is there a way to have two seperate mysql users, one for the front and back web site and one for the Magento connect site ?

Ben.

Magento Community
Magento Community

mrmeech

Total Posts:  58
New York City, USA

I had the same problem with the image upload—the only thing that fixed this for me was upgrading to Flash player 10. Clearing my cache as suggested by the magento team on page 1 of this thread didn’t work when i had flash 9.

I suppose i should note that i’m on Mac OSx 10.4.11 running Firefox 3.0.4

Magento Community
Magento Community

ebeyrent

Total Posts:  7

I upgraded to 1.1.7 and image uploads started working for me with FP10 on FF2.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 2 of 4