Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 1 of 4
Cannot upload images

Business Feet

Total Posts:  82

When editing configurable products i canno tupload images.  I can select the files and can click to upload but nothing happens and i can’t see and error messages anywhere

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Active Braces

Total Posts:  25

Since the upgrade I don’t even see an upload button for images, and when I go to edit products not only is there no upload button it also does not show any of the existing pictures! But everything shows up fine on the front end.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Mageho

Total Posts:  291
France, Paris

Same here.
To resolve temporaly this problem, replace design/adminhtml/default/default/template/media/uploader.phtml with the precedent version of 1.1.6.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Active Braces

Total Posts:  25

Big thanks for the help ryu007, now I have my buttons back....but they don’t function :(

Magento Community
Magento Community

Mageho

France, Paris

[Double clicked on submit button, sorry]

Magento Community
Magento Community

Mageho

France, Paris

Active Braces - 20 November 2008 09:18 AM

Big thanks for the help ryu007, now I have my buttons back....but they don’t function :(

I met this issue before.
If I am right, you must downgrade to Flash Player Version 9.

It resolved the problem for me.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Pixxa

Total Posts:  275

same here on 1.1.7 with latest adobe flash, button is there but not repsponding. tried with old files from 1.1.6 as mentioned above, tried with flash 9, tried with safari 3 and FF3 but nothing seems to work.

Anyone??

[EDIT]

Seems mangento has bigger issues with flash! I cant ‘click’ on products rules or open to edit an CMS page. You know where in the CMS -> Manage pages you can click on ‘Home page’ to enter the edit screen. When i click nothing responed!

Magento Community
Magento Community

hyzteric

Total Posts:  16
Belgium

hi there,

how do you downgrade to flash player 9 ?

i have the same issue here even though i did not upgrade yet…

btw, seeing the many upgrade issue, i wonder how is this possible that so many people have so many issue…

i consider waiting for an upgrade fix before doing it…

regards

Magento Community
Magento Community

jess.turner

Total Posts:  6

I hit the same issue.  My solution was to try a different browser in accessing the admin panel.  IE gave me the problem, Firefox was the solution.  -jt

Magento Community
Magento Community

pro120

Total Posts:  15

Ok ive been dealing with this issue even pre 1.1.7

Depending on the version of flash and browser that I use I will either not be able to click the Browse and Upload buttons.  But Mostly the browser will browse to the file properly then it will upload with the status bar and everything and when it says complete if i try to click save it will siting on the Please Wait Loading Pop up Div and does not change after that.

Alot of people have solved the flash 10 prob with uploading images by installing Flash 9 which is available from many different places and threads.  The version most people suggest is “Flash Player 9 r124”.  One problem ive run into is Running Windows Vista I am unable to install the Flash Player 9 ActiveX install file which is seperate from the regular installer that loads fine.  The Installation program tells me that there is a more stable secure version available and then terminates the installation.  So i found that this version was the last one with a security flaw that has ended up breaking image uploads through flash on many different programs including magento store fronts.  I’ve tried installing and downgrading to flash player 9 on the following browsers with out any luck.

Opera 9.62
Google Chrome 0.3.154.9
Firefox 3.0.4
Internet Explorer 7
Internet Explorer 8 Beta
Safari 3.1.2

I noticed in another thread someone posted a third party release to fix wordpress which is experiencing the same problem.  Also found this website which deals with the flash uploader.  My expereience is lacking with trying to identify where his examples could be helpful but I’m hoping it will help others to maybe find a solution.

http://swfupload.org/forum/news/937

Magento Community
Magento Community

YoavKutner
Guru

Total Posts:  491

In 1.1.7 we have support for flash 10. After upgrading please clean cache of your browser and it should work.

Thanks

yoav

Magento Community
Magento Community

Colin Mattson

Total Posts:  14

Just to be contrary to what other people are experiencing, the image uploader was not functional under Flash 9 for me. Clearing the browser cache did get the buttons to appear, but uploads would either never begin or not complete properly.

Upgrading to Flash 10 resolved the issue.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Pixxa

Total Posts:  275

!!!!

added: “magento-core/Mage_All_Latest” in Magento Connect fixed it for me! (mac osx 10.5, flash 10(latest) with safari3 / ff3)

seems ‘just’ upgrading trough the magento connect wasn’t enough, probably was missing some modules/files

Magento Community
Magento Community

JSTRAT

YoavKutner - 20 November 2008 03:51 PM

In 1.1.7 we have support for flash 10. After upgrading please clean cache of your browser and it should work.

Thanks

yoav

I have tried upgrading from 1.1.6 clearing the cache on all Mac based browsers and it does not work.
I then tried a complete new installation from a 1.1.7 full package download. Again clearing all caches and again I am unable to upload images. Nothing happens when I click the upload files button. Is there any way to get some debug from this, nothing happening is just so unhelpful! I have tried with Safari 3.2, Firefox 2 and Firefox 3, nothing works.

Any other suggestions?
Thanks

UPDATE It turns out that the image upload functions don’t like Flash player version 9. I upgraded to version 10 and things started to play properly. I am still testing to make sure everything else still works, but so far so good.

For those that care this has solved the problem for me on the Mac OS X 10.5.5 platform using Safari 3.2 and Firefox 3 (not check Firefox 2 yet)

Magento Community
Magento Community

Business Feet

Total Posts:  82

[quote author="Jason Stratford” date="1227284138"
I have tried upgrading from 1.1.6 clearing the cache on all Mac based browsers and it does not work.
I then tried a complete new installation from a 1.1.7 full package download. Again clearing all caches and again I am unable to upload images. Nothing happens when I click the upload files button. Is there any way to get some debug from this, nothing happening is just so unhelpful! I have tried with Safari 3.2, Firefox 2 and Firefox 3, nothing works.

Any other suggestions?
Thanks

Same as me. Tried on all mac browsers.

Magento Community
Magento Community

JSTRAT

Business Feet - 21 November 2008 02:38 AM

Same as me. Tried on all mac browsers.

See my edit on previous post, upgrading to Flash play 10 sorted the problem. Thought I was running version 10, turns out I wasn’t. Pays to check these things.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 4