Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 2 of 2
ERROR:  Base table or view already exists: 1050 Table ‘catalogrule_affected_product’ already exists

Nexus Rex

Total Posts:  139
Utah, USA

SimpleHelix,

Have you actually tried what you recommend and had success?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

elfling
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  901

Right, client has same problem after upgrade. Gonna give what simple helix says a go now.

UPDATE

Ok, So Simple Helix’s idea worked just fine.

Go to the latest update file in /code/core/Mage/CatalogRule/sql/catalogrule_setup

mysql4-upgrade-0.* and just comment the whole thing out.

Site came back immediately once it was no longer trying to create new tables.

Magento Community
Magento Community

lapplander

Total Posts:  9
Stockholm

I had a full directory and DB backup of 1.1.6.
So I reverted back to it as 1.1.7 had severe problems with configurable products and I needed that functionality.

Now when 1.1.8 was released I went directly to it and where hit by problems described in this thread.

I now found what caused it…

In 1.1.7 there where a few new tables in the magento DB so when a backup of directories and DB is to be restored the sql backup can only drop tables that it’s aware of. So the “new” 1.1.7 tables are still left in the DB and then causing problem for the post install scripts when the system is upgraded to 1.1.7 or 1.1.8.

So if you run manual backups of mysql and are downgrading to an earlier version check if any additional tables needs to be dropped.

The tables that I dropped out of a running version of 1.1.8 (works on 1.1.7 as well if you are facing the same problem)
DROP TABLE IF EXISTS `catalogrule_affected_product`;
DROP TABLE IF EXISTS `googlebase_attributes`;
DROP TABLE IF EXISTS `googlebase_items`;
DROP TABLE IF EXISTS `googlebase_types`;

All tables are recreated when you open the webshop for the first time unless it’s commented out as suggested earlier smile

Good luck

Magento Community
Magento Community

tykes123

Total Posts:  5

yes this works thank you

Magento Community
Magento Community

tragic_rich

Total Posts:  15
San Diego, CA

I have had sooooo many problems with the latest cart I am building. Usually my installs go without a hitch, but this last one has been nothing but error after error. I finally just ftp’d the full release instead of battling the downloader and then I encountered into this error.
Once again the forums have saved the day, this solution worked beautifully for me.
THANKS!!

Magento Community
Magento Community

GeraldS

Total Posts:  27
Zevenaar

I had to restore a backup from installatron because of magento connect updating to much at one time.
After the restore of the file the shop wasn’t showing. I had these errors.

Its SOLVED but i didn’t want to keep the solution for myself.
So here it is:

I had almost the same: The error was:
Error in file: “/home/xlkledin/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Log/sql/log_setup/mysql4-upgrade-0.7.4-0.7.5.php” - SQLSTATE[42S01]: Base table or view already exists: 1050 Table ‘itx8_log_visitor_online’ already exists

I Used SQL Command:
DROP TABLE IF EXISTS `itx8_log_visitor_online`;

After this the error became:
Error in file: “/home/xlkledin/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Api/sql/api_setup/mysql4-upgrade-0.8.0-0.8.1.php” - SQLSTATE[42S01]: Base table or view already exists: 1050 Table ‘itx8_api_session’ already exists

I Used SQL Command:
DROP TABLE IF EXISTS `itx8_api_session`;

Error in file: “/home/xlkledin/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Bundle/sql/bundle_setup/mysql4-upgrade-0.1.6-0.1.7.php” - SQLSTATE[42S01]: Base table or view already exists: 1050 Table ‘itx8_catalog_product_bundle_price_index’ already exists

I Used SQL Command:
DROP TABLE IF EXISTS `itx8_catalog_product_bundle_price_index`;

SMALL EXPLANATION of what the commands are doing and what the error means:
The DROP TABLE command is to be used in PHPAdmin in the part where you can execute SQL commands.
Table names can differ. Use the table names named in YOUR error message.
The installation builds the tables again when first showing the shop.
This is also what the error implies. The table is already there, and now sql can’t make it annymore.
The DROP TABLE command removes the existing table. So setup can buildt the table again as in the script.

Hope you won’t have the headbreaking hours i had to solve problems like this.
Thats why i share the solution here in the forum.
Of cours i can’’t give warranty on this solution. Liability is also excluded. wink

Do you have questions then please ask, and i’ll try to help you.

Greetings,
GeraldS

Magento Community
Magento Community

ebluewhite

Total Posts:  17

GeraldS - 10 June 2009 02:24 PM

I had to restore a backup from installatron because of magento connect updating to much at one time.

So here it is:

Error in file: “/home/xlkledin/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Log/sql/log_setup/mysql4-upgrade-0.7.4-0.7.5.php” - SQLSTATE[42S01]: Base table or view already exists: 1050 Table ‘itx8_log_visitor_online’ already exists

I Used SQL Command:

Error in file: “/home/xlkledin/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Api/sql/api_setup/mysql4-upgrade-0.8.0-0.8.1.php” - SQLSTATE[42S01]: Base table or view already exists: 1050 Table ‘itx8_api_session’ already exists

I Used SQL Command:

Error in file: “/home/xlkledin/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Bundle/sql/bundle_setup/mysql4-upgrade-0.1.6-0.1.7.php” - SQLSTATE[42S01]: Base table or view already exists: 1050 Table ‘itx8_catalog_product_bundle_price_index’ already exists

I Used SQL Command:

The DROP TABLE command is to be used in PHPAdmin in the part where you can execute SQL commands.
This is also what the error implies. The table is already there, and now sql can’t make it annymore.
The DROP TABLE command removes the existing table. So setup can buildt the table again as in the script.

Of cours i can’’t give warranty on this solution. Liability is also excluded. wink

Greetings,
GeraldS

The solution works. Excellent! Thank you very much for excellent sharing!

Magento Community
Magento Community

shardie

Total Posts:  7

THIS IS REDICULOUS

None of the above actually worked for me. ive reinstalled and reinstalled magento yet the same error occurs. This is the reason im looking at leaving magento. There id no help or support for things like this. It really EF’s me up. magento please get your support team jacked up. We were looking at buying the enterprise edition but not after things like this.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Menno9

Total Posts:  1

Greetings,
GeraldS

GeraldS’s solution also worked for me. I had to drop 4 or 5 tables. I feels a bit scary, but now everything just works fine. I have an empty shop and I am just starting.

Menno

Magento Community
Magento Community

grazzt

Total Posts:  106

Greetings,
GeraldS

It works! Thanks a lot! smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

rosetime

Total Posts:  1

Good one Gerald.

Magento Community
Magento Community

MageClub
Guru

Total Posts:  386
India

Lets say, we get such error with sales_flat_order related tables, so if we drop it, then all the data will get wiped off as well!
So, your method doesnt work there, right mate ?

So here it is:

I Used SQL Command:

I Used SQL Command:

I Used SQL Command:

Greetings,
GeraldS

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 2 of 2