Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

“Upgrade” From Magento Go to Magento Enterprise Edition

massivision

Total Posts:  1

I’m presuming that the APIs for Magento Go and Magento Enterprise Edition are essentially identical.  Is it feasible, If I start off on Magento Go, to migrate my store into a (separately hosted) Magento Enterprise Edition store if I need additional features at a later time?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

doornmore

Total Posts:  2

The Same question. Is it possible to migrate from “Magento Go” to “Enterprise”?

Magento Community
Magento Community

grido

Bump. I have the same question.

Magento Community
Magento Community

cconey

Yes I have the very same question. Please could someone answer this.
It seems a pretty obvious question for potential users of Magneto to ask.

Magento Community
Magento Community

snowbig

Total Posts:  10

I had the same question; when I contacted support they told me it is not possible to upgrade from Magento Go to Magento Professional or Magento Enterprise.

We used Magento Go for about a month as a “test case” and then purchased a Magento professional license.  So far I would not recommend professional; save your money and just go with Magento Community.

Magento Community
Magento Community

kab8609
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  821
Cleveland

Magento Go cannot be easily converted to Magento Enterprise (EE).

I would suggest the Community Edition (CE) first to play around in it then go to PE or EE after a few months. I would also suggest getting a Magento Expert to assist you, but that is up to you.

FYI, do not think that Magento will run fine on a $3.00 a month GoDaddy hosting plan. Go with one of the Magento Hosting Partners.

Magento Community
Magento Community

julieset

I started today with Magento Go free trial to test the waters with the intention to upgrade to Pro/Enterprise if things go well. Is this still not easily possible ? What database tools or external information could best be created and maintained outside of Magento Go that can import updates when needed into Magento Go and later on be used for Migration to Magento Pro/Enterprise ?

Magento Community
Magento Community

MagenX
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  791
Dublin

as i said earlier many times, do not reinvent the bicycle .
just install magento CE on any cheap hosting and test all functions you need.

and i am sure there is no need to go for EE version, cause magento CE has all you need, and you can get extensions cheaper

cheers

Magento Community
Magento Community

andrewmartin

I suggest you to use Cart2Cart service. I had experience of upgrading my store to Magento 1.7.2. And it works fine, and they have a great free customer support. The full migration only costs around $69 so totally worth it. Check it out here

Magento Community
Magento Community

kalenjordan

Total Posts:  218
Pasadena, CA

Hey guys.  @Kris, you may actually know a lot more about this than me, but I was under the impression that this was one of the main purposes of Magento Go - to allow an easy onboarding process to get comfortable with Magento, and have flexibility to move into CE or EE if you want to down the road.

From a quick search of the Magento Go site I wasn’t able to find a solid answer to this exact question though, would be interesting to hear Magento Inc. chime on this.  They do have specific information in their knowledge base regarding migrating from CE => Go, but that’s exactly the opposite direction.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community