Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Numeric Attributes that can be filtered by range

Armen

Total Posts:  46
Los Angeles

For the product types we’ll be selling in our store, we will want to have various numeric attributes on our products, for example LENGTH.

I’m trying to figure out a way to make the LENGTH attribute a filterable one by range, preferably ranges defined by me. For example:

< 3”
3” - 5”
5” - 10”
> 10”

This is very similar to how Magento filters on the PRICE attribute already.

Is this possible with Magento 1.1.7? If not, is there an extension module available that would do the trick? If not, where should I look in the code to start extending this functionality myself.

Thanks,
Armen

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

ShopGuy
Guru

Total Posts:  462

I dont think it allows for you to pick the attributes values. If you want users to be able to filter by an arbitrary length I recommend checking out this feature request:

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/23330/

With that system you would have a “Length” search feature and they could enter in a min / max. The best of all worlds

Magento Community
Magento Community

Discovery
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  767

You can add another attribute for that. Yes that is more work but if you are uploading from a spreadshhet it can be automated. Add the attribute with a name e.g. tier_size that is not shown on the product page, turn off your regular size from the filtered navigation and you are all set.

See this thread for further inspiration:

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/5500/

You can re-write the code on a per attribute basis for the filtered navigation.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community