Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Updating existing products via .csv - changes not reflected on admin catalog

tuomaas

Total Posts:  2

I export all product data to .csv file and updated the product information. Went on importing the changed .csv file and changed also the ‘store’ attribute to default. Reading through the forum, this seems to fix the problem with images not showing.
Import went just fine and checked the frontend catalog - all was fine.

Well, going through the admin catalog - nothing is updated, product info doesn’t get updated?! I wonder how this is possible, does magento store different info for the store catalog and admin catalog. This doesn’t make any sense?

Have any1 else had similar problems with import?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Seba G Gonnelli
Guru

Total Posts:  336

tuomaas if you are running a single store application you may want to try changing store “default” to “admin” that should work for you.

Magento Community
Magento Community

tuomaas

Total Posts:  2

Hi Tomas!
Thanks for the tip. After a bit of frustration i grabbed the bull the the horns and started the import process again.
Changing the store attribute from “default” to “admin” solved the problem.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community