Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 1 of 2
Existing configurable products can’t be edited

bsphere

Total Posts:  9

editing an existing configurable product functionality is broken.
create a new one seems to be ok but the new product can’t be saved.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

hitk

Total Posts:  24

do u ve check that all new files exist? download the full version 1.17 and look on ure exisiting site. copy all files over ure exisiting version....and try again…
please post if the problem is solved or not…

Magento Community
Magento Community

bsphere

it opens the edit window but it looks like when tryhing to add a new configurable product.. doesn’t look like a missing file

Magento Community
Magento Community

Business Feet

Total Posts:  82

I’m experiencing what must be a similar issue

When you go into an existing configurable product the attached screenshot is all you can see.  You can’t click anythin to edit it

Image Attachments
Picture 17.png

Magento Community
Magento Community

bsphere

mine looks a bit different but it must be the same issue.
i also don’t have the save option for a new configurable product

Magento Community
Magento Community

Business Feet

i just deleted everything i could in var/cache and that worked for me - i can now edit configurable products

Magento Community
Magento Community

bsphere

worked for me too

Magento Community
Magento Community

TanRambun

Total Posts:  93
Bangkok, Thailand

Hi,

after upgrading to 1.1.7 i get exactly the same error like user “Business Feet”. The configurable product is not editable and no new configurable products could be added.

I deleted everything in var/cache, but the errors is still there. In the HTML-Output the following SQL-error is shown:

SELECT `e`.*, `_table_required_options`.`value` AS `required_options`, (IF(IF(use_config_manage_stock, , manage_stock), is_in_stock1)) AS `is_saleable`, `cataloginventory_stock_item`.`is_in_stock` AS `inventory_in_stock`, `_table_fruit_ripeness`.`value` AS `fruit_ripeness`, `_table_fruit_leaves`.`value` AS `fruit_leavesFROM `catalog_product_entity` AS `e`

LEFT JOIN `catalog_product_entity_varchar` AS `_table_required_optionsON (_table_required_options.entity_id e.entity_id) AND (_table_required_options.attribute_id='92') AND (_table_required_options.store_id=0)

LEFT JOIN `cataloginventory_stock_itemON (cataloginventory_stock_item.product_id=e.entity_id)

INNER JOIN `catalog_product_entity_int` AS `_table_fruit_ripenessON (_table_fruit_ripeness.entity_id e.entity_id) AND (_table_fruit_ripeness.attribute_id='447') AND (_table_fruit_ripeness.store_id=0)

INNER JOIN `catalog_product_entity_int` AS `_table_fruit_leavesON (_table_fruit_leaves.entity_id e.entity_id) AND (_table_fruit_leaves.attribute_id='448') AND (_table_fruit_leaves.store_id=0WHERE (e.entity_type_id '4') AND (e.attribute_set_id '26') AND (((e.type_id 'simple') or (e.type_id 'virtual'))) AND (((_table_required_options.value != '1') or (_table_required_options.value is NULL))) AND (_table_fruit_ripeness.value not in ('')) AND (_table_fruit_leaves.value not in ('')) AND (e.entity_id in ('21''22''23''24')) LIMIT 20

SQLSTATE[42000]
Syntax error or access violation1064 You have an error in your SQL syntaxcheck the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ' manage_stock), is_in_stock, 1)) AS `is_saleable`, `cataloginventory_stock_item`' at line 1

#0 /path/to/magento/lib/Zend/Db/Statement.php(283): Zend_Db_Statement_Pdo->_execute(Array)
#1 /path/to/magento/lib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(406): Zend_Db_Statement->execute(Array)
#2 /path/to/magento/lib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Abstract.php(206): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query(Object(Varien_Db_Select), Array)
#3 /path/to/magento/lib/Varien/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Mysql.php(230): Zend_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Abstract->query(Object(Varien_Db_Select), Array)
#4 /path/to/magento/lib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(617): Varien_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Mysql->query(Object(Varien_Db_Select), Array)
#5 /path/to/magento/lib/Varien/Data/Collection/Db.php(760): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchAll(Object(Varien_Db_Select), Array)
#6 /path/to/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Eav/Model/Entity/Collection/Abstract.php(845): Varien_Data_Collection_Db->_fetchAll(Object(Varien_Db_Select))
#7 /path/to/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Eav/Model/Entity/Collection/Abstract.php(702): Mage_Eav_Model_Entity_Collection_Abstract->_loadEntities(false, false)
#8 /path/to/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Block/Widget/Grid.php(369): Mage_Eav_Model_Entity_Collection_Abstract->load()
#9 /path/to/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Block/Catalog/Product/Edit/Tab/Super/Config/Grid.php(132): Mage_Adminhtml_Block_Widget_Grid->_prepareCollection()
#10 /path/to/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Block/Widget/Grid.php(444): Mage_Adminhtml_Block_Catalog_Product_Edit_Tab_Super_Config_Grid->_prepareCollection()
#11 /path/to/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Block/Widget/Grid.php(450): Mage_Adminhtml_Block_Widget_Grid->_prepareGrid()
#12 /path/to/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(642): Mage_Adminhtml_Block_Widget_Grid->_beforeToHtml()
#13 /path/to/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(503): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->toHtml()
#14 /path/to/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(454): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->_getChildHtml('grid', true)
#15 /path/to/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Block/Catalog/Product/Edit/Tab/Super/Config.php(132): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->getChildHtml('grid')
#16 /path/to/magento/app/design/adminhtml/default/default/template/catalog/product/edit/super/config.phtml(101): Mage_Adminhtml_Block_Catalog_Product_Edit_Tab_Super_Config->getGridHtml()
#17 /path/to/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(144): include('/kunden/145253_...')
#18 /path/to/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(176): Mage_Core_Block_Template->fetchView('adminhtml/defau...')
#19 /path/to/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(193): Mage_Core_Block_Template->renderView()
#20 /path/to/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(643): Mage_Core_Block_Template->_toHtml()
#21 /path/to/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Block/Widget/Tabs.php(269): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->toHtml()
#22 /path/to/magento/app/design/adminhtml/default/default/template/widget/tabs.phtml(38): Mage_Adminhtml_Block_Widget_Tabs->getTabContent(Object(Mage_Adminhtml_Block_Catalog_Product_Edit_Tab_Super_Config))
#23 /path/to/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(144): include('/kunden/145253_...')
#24 /path/to/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(176): Mage_Core_Block_Template->fetchView('adminhtml/defau...')
#25 /path/to/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(193): Mage_Core_Block_Template->renderView()
#26 /path/to/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(643): Mage_Core_Block_Template->_toHtml()
#27 /path/to/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Text/List.php(43): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->toHtml()
#28 /path/to/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(643): Mage_Core_Block_Text_List->_toHtml()
#29 /path/to/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(503): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->toHtml()
#30 /path/to/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(454): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->_getChildHtml('left', true)
#31 /path/to/magento/app/design/adminhtml/default/default/template/page.phtml(57): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->getChildHtml('left')
#32 /path/to/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(144): include('/kunden/145253_...')
#33 /path/to/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(176): Mage_Core_Block_Template->fetchView('adminhtml/defau...')
#34 /path/to/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(193): Mage_Core_Block_Template->renderView()
#35 /path/to/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(643): Mage_Core_Block_Template->_toHtml()
#36 /path/to/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout.php(525): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->toHtml()
#37 /path/to/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(326): Mage_Core_Model_Layout->getOutput()
#38 /path/to/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/controllers/Catalog/ProductController.php(227): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->renderLayout()
#39 /path/to/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(349): Mage_Adminhtml_Catalog_ProductController->editAction()
#40 /path/to/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Router/Admin.php(143): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->dispatch('edit')
#41 /path/to/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Front.php(174): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Admin->match(Object(Mage_Core_Controller_Request_Http))
#42 /path/to/magento/app/Mage.php(447): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->dispatch()
#43 /path/to/magento/index.php(46): Mage::run()
#44 {main}

It seems that the configuration-value “cataloginventory/item_options/manage_stock” could not be found in the file app/code/core/Mage/CatalogInventory/Model/Mysql4/Stock/Item.php at line 81 and that this causes the SQL-error. In the database table core_config_data the entry for this value is still there.

Does someone have an idea whats going wrong?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Xavier Jodoin

Total Posts:  1

I deleted var/cache and the problem still there for me too.

Magento Community
Magento Community

joyously
Guru

Total Posts:  447

I got the same big SQL error as Tan Rambun but only when I try to edit a product.  I was thinking my installation didn’t complete the upgrade to the database because it just hung up my browser and I had to kill it (I waited a long time though).  But if you are getting it too, maybe not.
My settings are different from most. I am not managing stock, so that might have something to do with the error.

The only difference with my error is that it didn’t tell me the SQL error. I had to paste it into phpMyadmin to see what it was.

Update:
I fixed the big SQL error by going to System Configuration and choosing Yes for Manage Stock

As soon as I change it back to NO, the error appears when I edit a product. It’s not getting a value for the configuration option. Looks like other places in the code using that option cast the value to an integer, but there’s one case that doesn’t . I’m not sure what the difference is between getStoreConfig and getStoreConfigFlag.

Searching for: XML_PATH_MANAGE_STOCK
Mage\CatalogInventory\Model\Mysql4\Stock
.php(72): $manageStock Mage::getStoreConfig(Mage_CatalogInventory_Model_Stock_Item::XML_PATH_MANAGE_STOCK);
Mage\CatalogInventory\Model\Mysql4\Stock.php(103): $this->_isConfigManageStock  = (int)Mage::getStoreConfigFlag(Mage_CatalogInventory_Model_Stock_Item::XML_PATH_MANAGE_STOCK);
Mage\CatalogInventory\Model\Mysql4\Stock\Item.php(81): $isStockManagedInConfig Mage::getStoreConfig(Mage_CatalogInventory_Model_Stock_Item::XML_PATH_MANAGE_STOCK);
Mage\CatalogInventory\Model\Stock\Item.php(46): const XML_PATH_MANAGE_STOCK     'cataloginventory/item_options/manage_stock';
Mage\CatalogInventory\Model\Stock\Item.php(210): return (int) Mage::getStoreConfigFlag(self::XML_PATH_MANAGE_STOCK);
Mage\Rss\Block\Catalog\NotifyStock.php(58): $_configManageStock = (int)Mage::getStoreConfigFlag(Mage_CatalogInventory_Model_Stock_Item::XML_PATH_MANAGE_STOCK);
Found 6 occurrence(sin 4 file(s)

I fixed in Mage/CatalogInventory/Model/Mysql4/Stock/Item.php by putting (int) in front of the config value. Now I can edit products even without managing stock.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Business Feet

I would hazard a guess that theres a problem somewhere in caching as i now cannot edit configurable products again until i delete cache and refresh browser.  I’ve also tried deleting the sessions but this hasn’t helped.

Magento Community
Magento Community

TanRambun

Total Posts:  93
Bangkok, Thailand

@Business Feet:
Do you get an SQL-error as id do (look at my post above)?
Do you have disabled the “Manage Stock"-option?

The workaround described by joyously works for me too. But deleting the cache doesn’t change anything.

I did report this in the Bug Tracking system as Issue #8772 with the title “configurable products are not editable” for version 1.1.7.

Magento Community
Magento Community

sens

Total Posts:  30

Same problem here.

@Joyously:
Thanks for the solution. Could you explain a bit more about the code adjustments you made so i can set “manage stock” back to no?

Magento Community
Magento Community

joyously
Guru

Total Posts:  447

sens - 21 November 2008 05:34 PM

Same problem here.

@Joyously:
Thanks for the solution. Could you explain a bit more about the code adjustments you made so i can set “manage stock” back to no?

Yes, it’s a very simple fix.
In Mage\CatalogInventory\Model\Mysql4\Stock\Item.php line 81 there is

$isStockManagedInConfig Mage::getStoreConfig(Mage_CatalogInventory_Model_Stock_Item::XML_PATH_MANAGE_STOCK);
Simply make it
$isStockManagedInConfig = (int) Mage::getStoreConfig(Mage_CatalogInventory_Model_Stock_Item::XML_PATH_MANAGE_STOCK);

Magento Community
Magento Community

Jensta02

Total Posts:  15

Was experiencing the same problem - thank you “joyously” your workaround worked perfectly.

Magento Community
Magento Community

sens

Total Posts:  30

Thanks very much Joyously!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 2