Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Admin slow or don’t work sometime but front end seems ok? 

cadoworld

Total Posts:  27

Hi Everyone,

I have a problem, we have our website with magento seems installed correctly. Our frontend seems working fine but our admin site is a nightmare.
We have difficulty to access to admin - sometimes we can’t have access at all or its running low or it may work fine for couple of hours !!!

I would like to know if someone got this problem before and find a solution ?

I would like to mention that we installed by mistake a old version 0.6 by mistake at start .... but we delete all the program and restart from scratch!

Please help me!
my website http://www.glasspebbles.co.uk
Thank you,

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

iiNTENSE
Guru

Total Posts:  432
Lansing, MI

I’d highly recommend upgrading to 1.6 (1.7 is new and may have bugs) if you have not done so already.  Be aware that you frontnd and admin panel is hosted on the same exact server and database.  If there is a slowdown in the admin, it would be due to your hosting package or and error during installation.

Please be aware that Magento is an extensive program and does require some “juice” to run it.  If you get a small $5 or $10 hosting package, you should expect some slowdown.

Magento Community
Magento Community

badnet

Total Posts:  8

I have same problem, on a red hat server (php 5.2.8). All installation (1.1.8) is fine, frontend works fast and good but the admin almost don’t move, too slow expecially at login, minutes of waiting!

What’s wrong?

Magento Community
Magento Community

mbguy

Total Posts:  14

Our site was super slow on media temple. So we tried dreamhost, super slow again. Our store is now on simple helix and all aspects run really fast. hope this helps.

Magento Community
Magento Community

iiNTENSE
Guru

Total Posts:  432
Lansing, MI

Well, yes it would all depend on a multitude of factors including your hosting environment/package.  Simple Helix has evolved their environment around Magento optimization.  Nexcess.net is another great Magento Hosting provider that I would also recommend.

Magento Community
Magento Community

reefnut

Total Posts:  72

I had the same problem when I was with Blue Host and even bigger problem when with godaddy seems some servers can’t handle it. I have since moved to simple helix a little more money but you won’t believe the speed and we all know people won’t wait long before they go. There customer support is good too they even support the magento cart to an extent instead of just saying we don’t support third party software they will help.

Magento Community
Magento Community

badnet

Total Posts:  8

At the moment I can’t move towards a host like Helix, we have a little server inside the company.
Anyway I manged with the php.ini and now the admin side seems to run quite good, excepted for the Magento Connect Manager that has same behaving.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community