Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 1 of 2
Google checkout free shipping over X amount still not fixed

alex.bsc
Guru

Total Posts:  340

i’m afraid to say free shipping still does not work above X amount using google checkout even in Magento 1.1.7.

I have added ‘table rate’ shipping and then ‘free shipping’ in Google Checkout Shipping - Merchant Calculated.
Both Default price: fields are blank.

fyi I am using Google Checkout UK, and this is configured in ‘Location’.

Should I be missing anything, please let me know…

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

bytestorm
Magento Team

Total Posts:  91

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/17694/P15/#t77970

Magento Community
Magento Community

Dunc

Total Posts:  56

Looks like it isn’t fixed, I’ll go back to using the hack that the above link goes to.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Back40Design

Total Posts:  21

Same issue on 1.2.0.2 - Free Shipping Rules both in the Shopping Cart Price Rules and in Shipping Methods under UPS for Minimum Order Amount to give free shipping.

Magento Community
Magento Community

CurativeWoman

Total Posts:  9
New York, NY

The last post I see is from summer of 2008. Does anyone have any fix figured out for getting free shipping to work over x amount on version 1.2.x?  I don’t know if this issue has died because there is a fix or because there is no fix?  Please help!  I’ve tried everything I could find in all the posts on this subject but nothing works.

Magento Community
Magento Community

CurativeWoman

Total Posts:  9
New York, NY

I was wondering whether anyone has yet come up with a way to get free shipping over x amount to work? I’m on the latest Magento version 1.2.1 and doesn’t work.  Anyone get it to work yet?

Magento Community
Magento Community

ivapour

Total Posts:  1

CurativeWoman - 11 February 2009 07:41 AM

I was wondering whether anyone has yet come up with a way to get free shipping over x amount to work? I’m on the latest Magento version 1.2.1 and doesn’t work.  Anyone get it to work yet?

I’m tearing my hair out a bit about free and/or lack of combined/capped shipping options. When it says ‘minimum amount’ for free shipping, I presumed it meant quantity of items required for free shipping (because that is what I would prefer for the smaller items as there appears to be no capped shipping option). But the minimum amount number refers to value of currency (which is better than nothing) which I have enabled to work. But this is all convoluted by the large letter/small package tiers we have in the UK.

The apparent complete lack of combined shipping options on Magento ver. 1.2.0.3 is frustrating..... but I suppose I can’t really complain as the template is free!

Magento Community
Magento Community

sazareda

Total Posts:  3

bytestorm - 20 November 2008 05:11 AM

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/17694/P15/#t77970

Bytestorm, I did everything according to the screenshots you posted in the following link http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/17694/P15/#t77970 and although it initially appears as if google checkout gives free shipping on any order over the amount you specify in the shopping cart rule, if you wait 5 seconds or so on the google checkout page, the flat rate switches over to the amount that you specified in the merchant calculated rates. I’ve been sitting with this forever and I can’t figure out how to make it work.

If anyone has a solution I would greatly appreciate it.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Richard Feraro

Total Posts:  23
Manila

I had a similar problem with google checkout. this article helped solve the free shipping if a certain subtotal amount has been reached:
http://www.aschroder.com/2008/12/magento-117-google-checkout-and-free-shipping-part-2/

Magento Community
Magento Community

wsj3
Guru

Total Posts:  521
Portland, OR

I don’t understand why this is still not fixed, now that Magento is on version 1.3.1? I don’t want to have to hack the core code to make this work, for fear that some other side-effect will pop up later and be next to impossible to troubleshoot.

Does anyone know how to get Google Checkout free shipping to work with out of the box Magento 1.3.1?

Magento Community
Magento Community

weekaly

Total Posts:  2

Finally the solution, thanks you all !!!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Dunc

What exactly is the solution? I tried the methods above and they don’t work and I can’t find the original thread that had a fix for this. I have a flat rate set for all orders under £150 and anything over that I want to be free. The thread I used a long time ago and can’t find now showed a way of hacking into the code in one of the php files in the GoogleCheckout folder

Magento Community
Magento Community

Dunc

Well, I found the original thread that I usually do every time there’s an upgrade...http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/errors.php/viewthread/17941/#t65179

But this no longer works becase it’s been changed. I’m either setting the whole thing up wrong or this is a bug that never seems to get fixed. How am I suppose to get merchant calculated free shipping for orders over £150?!

Magento Community
Magento Community

jamesmadson

Total Posts:  1
Eugene, OR

I need free shipping to work and show up in Google Checkout, but only carrier calculated will work. HELP?

Magento Community
Magento Community

sterg17

Total Posts:  94

me too please...i think its ridicoulous that there is this advanced shopping cart system here, but a free shipping option for Googlecheckout does not function!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Philster53142

Total Posts:  67

I don’t mean to swear but this is a fucking joke!

3 years and no fix???

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 2