Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 1 of 2
Google base config pages give 404 error

alex.bsc
Guru

Total Posts:  340

Having configured Google Base in config, going to play with the options in Catalog / gives me 404 errors.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

alex.bsc
Guru

not sure if this will help but have you tried deleting the contents of your cache?

var/cache - nuke everything in there and try again.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Jonathan123

Total Posts:  215

System->Config->Sales->Google API

Magento Community
Magento Community

hitk

Total Posts:  24

@GoldDigger
have look at this thread here:
http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/23498/

Magento Community
Magento Community

alex.bsc
Guru

Anyone else getting 404 errors?

Magento Community
Magento Community

alex.bsc
Guru

deleted all the 1.1.6 files and unarced the 1.1.7s.. yes magento connect is great but i like a fresh start as i have had issues in the past.
that and i believe i had to hack around to install an improved search feature due to limitations in magento’s search.

magento’s search has now addressed it’s shortcomings so it is no longer necessary to install the extensions.

i had some other issues as well which i hoped a fresh install would resolve.

if anyone has google base working, also let me know. for now i am using turbo1’s commissioned google base so this is not fatal but would rather use features integrated in magento core as opposed to looking for workarounds.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Unirgy
Guru

Total Posts:  478

I’ve just tried google base, works perfectly for me.

EDIT: upgraded using magento connect web interface.

Magento Community
Magento Community

hitk

Total Posts:  24

@GoldDigger

yes....after u upgrade it with magento download manager (updates the mysql db)

<<<<<Call me stubborn but that kinda defeats the purpose of Magento Connect>>>>> LOL right… but it wont work....so u can do this workaround..

Magento Community
Magento Community

alex.bsc
Guru

well thing is i upgraded using magento connect precisely so it would do its thing and update the database.
i presume magento connect updates the db at install time?

i then did a fresh install.

Magento Community
Magento Community

John

Total Posts:  129
Sheffield, United Kingdom

I have a similar issue - The AdminHTML updates do not seem to have happened.  Looking at GoogleBase items gives

This means that my install did not have or upgrade the admin template.  - I have checked and the Googlebase directory is not on the server.

WarningMage_Core_Block_Template::include(/var/www/app/design/adminhtml/default/default/template/googlebase/items.phtml[mage-core-block-template.include]failed to open streamNo such file or directory  in /var/www/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php on line 144
Trace
:
#0 /var/www/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(144): mageCoreErrorHandler(2, 'Mage_Core_Block...', '/var/www/app/co...', 144, Array)
#1 /var/www/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(144): Mage_Core_Block_Template::fetchView()
#2 /var/www/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(176): Mage_Core_Block_Template->fetchView('adminhtml/defau...')
#3 /var/www/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(193): Mage_Core_Block_Template->renderView()
#4 /var/www/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(643): Mage_Core_Block_Template->_toHtml()
#5 /var/www/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Text/List.php(43): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->toHtml()
#6 /var/www/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(643): Mage_Core_Block_Text_List->_toHtml()
#7 /var/www/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(503): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->toHtml()
#8 /var/www/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(454): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->_getChildHtml('content', true)
#9 /var/www/app/design/adminhtml/default/default/template/page.phtml(73): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->getChildHtml('content')
#10 /var/www/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(144): include('/var/www/app/de...')
#11 /var/www/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(176): Mage_Core_Block_Template->fetchView('adminhtml/defau...')
#12 /var/www/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(193): Mage_Core_Block_Template->renderView()
#13 /var/www/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(643): Mage_Core_Block_Template->_toHtml()
#14 /var/www/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout.php(525): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->toHtml()
#15 /var/www/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(326): Mage_Core_Model_Layout->getOutput()
#16 /var/www/app/code/core/Mage/GoogleBase/controllers/ItemsController.php(51): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->renderLayout()
#17 /var/www/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(349): Mage_GoogleBase_ItemsController->indexAction()
#18 /var/www/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Router/Standard.php(163): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->dispatch('index')
#19 /var/www/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Front.php(174): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Standard->match(Object(Mage_Core_Controller_Request_Http))
#20 /var/www/app/Mage.php(447): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->dispatch()
#21 /var/www/index.php(48): Mage::run()

Regards

Magento Community
Magento Community

alex.bsc
Guru

My problem may be linked to the duplicate admin/admin present in my url path;

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/22685/

please advise.

Magento Community
Magento Community

alex.bsc
Guru

Just confirmed that my above problem IS linked to google base not working.

using;
http://url/storeifnecessary/googlebase/types/ I can confirm that I do indeed have the google base feed module screen up.

I am in effect working around 2 bugs!!! the admin/admin bug if you relocate your magento install dir back one directory, as well as the incorrect referencing to the new google base feature.

When I have the /admin/admin in the path, EVERY menu function in magento is referenced via /admin/admin, EXCEPT the google base feature reference, which has 1 /admin/.

It turns out the /admin/admin bug is adding a redundant /admin/ for absolutely no reason when your magento install files are moved back one directory.

Magento Community
Magento Community

alex.bsc
Guru

this truly sucks. I have to manually type the google base address in order to navigate around this feature.

it does not like index.php to be in the path, let alone admin/ - yet this is the path it gives itself when navigating the feature!!
understandably, i get more 404s which i can do nothing about e.g. when adding attibutes.

this google base feature is buggy due to the fact the paths are not being referenced correctly!
a real problem when it builds on the admin/admin/ bug caused by enabling ‘add store to path’.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Jelmo

Total Posts:  28

John - 20 November 2008 07:39 AM

I have a similar issue - The AdminHTML updates do not seem to have happened.  Looking at GoogleBase items gives

This means that my install did not have or upgrade the admin template.  - I have checked and the Googlebase directory is not on the server.

WarningMage_Core_Block_Template::include(/var/www/app/design/adminhtml/default/default/template/googlebase/items.phtml[mage-core-block-template.include]failed to open streamNo such file or directory  in /var/www/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php on line 144
Trace
:
#0 /var/www/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(144): mageCoreErrorHandler(2, 'Mage_Core_Block...', '/var/www/app/co...', 144, Array)
#1 /var/www/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(144): Mage_Core_Block_Template::fetchView()
#2 /var/www/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(176): Mage_Core_Block_Template->fetchView('adminhtml/defau...')
#3 /var/www/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(193): Mage_Core_Block_Template->renderView()
#4 /var/www/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(643): Mage_Core_Block_Template->_toHtml()
#5 /var/www/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Text/List.php(43): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->toHtml()
#6 /var/www/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(643): Mage_Core_Block_Text_List->_toHtml()
#7 /var/www/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(503): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->toHtml()
#8 /var/www/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(454): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->_getChildHtml('content', true)
#9 /var/www/app/design/adminhtml/default/default/template/page.phtml(73): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->getChildHtml('content')
#10 /var/www/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(144): include('/var/www/app/de...')
#11 /var/www/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(176): Mage_Core_Block_Template->fetchView('adminhtml/defau...')
#12 /var/www/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(193): Mage_Core_Block_Template->renderView()
#13 /var/www/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(643): Mage_Core_Block_Template->_toHtml()
#14 /var/www/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout.php(525): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->toHtml()
#15 /var/www/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(326): Mage_Core_Model_Layout->getOutput()
#16 /var/www/app/code/core/Mage/GoogleBase/controllers/ItemsController.php(51): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->renderLayout()
#17 /var/www/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(349): Mage_GoogleBase_ItemsController->indexAction()
#18 /var/www/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Router/Standard.php(163): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->dispatch('index')
#19 /var/www/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Front.php(174): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Standard->match(Object(Mage_Core_Controller_Request_Http))
#20 /var/www/app/Mage.php(447): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->dispatch()
#21 /var/www/index.php(48): Mage::run()

Regards

I have the same error when trying to add a product. I get the following error:

Foute tab configuratie (wrong tab configuration)
Trace:
#0 [internal function]: Mage_Adminhtml_Block_Widget_Tabs->addTab('googleoptimizer', 'tab_googleoptim...')
#1 /home/vwebshop/www/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout.php(338): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#2 /home/vwebshop/www/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout.php(204): Mage_Core_Model_Layout->_generateAction(Object(Mage_Core_Model_Layout_Element), Object(Mage_Core_Model_Layout_Element))
#3 /home/vwebshop/www/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout.php(200): Mage_Core_Model_Layout->generateBlocks(Object(Mage_Core_Model_Layout_Element))
#4 /home/vwebshop/www/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(285): Mage_Core_Model_Layout->generateBlocks()
#5 /home/vwebshop/www/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(222): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->generateLayoutBlocks()
#6 /home/vwebshop/www/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Controller/Action.php(205): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->loadLayout(Array, true, true)
#7 /home/vwebshop/www/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/controllers/Catalog/ProductController.php(187): Mage_Adminhtml_Controller_Action->loadLayout(Array)
#8 /home/vwebshop/www/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(349): Mage_Adminhtml_Catalog_ProductController->newAction()
#9 /home/vwebshop/www/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Router/Admin.php(143): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->dispatch('new')
#10 /home/vwebshop/www/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Front.php(174): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Admin->match(Object(Mage_Core_Controller_Request_Http))
#11 /home/vwebshop/www/app/Mage.php(447): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->dispatch()
#12 /home/vwebshop/www/index.php(52): Mage::run()
#13 {main}

anyone please help !

Magento Community
Magento Community

maxtofa

Total Posts:  9

I’ve found that if you turn in System->Configuration->Web ->Add Store Code to Urls to no the Google Base pages work otherwise you get 404 error…
This options if active duplicate the admin/ in the url…
Perhaps is a problem in handling the url itself… Do you think I have to submit a bug report?

Magento Community
Magento Community

philippealbert

Total Posts:  2

Magento Core module need to be upgrade to use GoogleBase.

Save your DB and Magento core files.

Try to upgrade with “magento-core/Mage_Core_Modules” in Magento connect.

That’s resolved #0 [internal function]: Mage_Adminhtml_Block_Widget_Tabs->addTab(’googleoptimizer’, ‘tab_googleoptim...’) error.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 2