Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

500 Internal Server Error after upgrading from 1.6 to 1.7

benzlove

Total Posts:  3

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@egameforless.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Can I fix this? I forgot to select “Clear all sessions after successful install or upgrade”.

Thank you

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

FOOMAN
Guru

Total Posts:  669
Auckland, New Zealand

Hi benzlove,

I usually have to reset the permissions of files after any upgrade. Try if changing the permissions of index.php to 755 does the trick.

good luck

Magento Community
Magento Community

benzlove

Total Posts:  3

Yessir!

That did the trick!

Mucho Gracias!

http://www.magentocommerce.com/wiki/groups/227/resetting_file_permissions

I used putty.

You can download it from http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/

Thank you magento and community!

Magento Community
Magento Community

lotusseedsD
Mentor

Total Posts:  1144

I avoid upgrade Magento from Magento Connect since the version 1.0, but thought I am giving it a try this time . Immediately I am getting Internal Server Error. Exactly which index.php to change the permission? I tried the one in the root directory, and one from JS folder (vaguely remember I reset this one before when downloading the Blank template).  None of them work.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Thejosh13

Total Posts:  252

I am getting a very odd error, I am trying to change the permissions of index.php in the root with FireFTP and it is not letting me, I get the following error

550 CHMOD 0755 index.php: Operation not permitted : /httpdocs/0755 index.php

Why am I unable to change the permissions on this file?

Magento Community
Magento Community

KLTinformatique

Total Posts:  1

I’m getting this error too… I did set the index.php permission to 755 but still getting the same error.

My store:
www.shop.kltinformatique.ca/magento

When I type this, I get redirected to http://shop.kltinformatique.ca/magento/downloader/

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@shop.kltinformatique.ca and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

PLEASE HELP!

EDIT: Just noticed this thread is for 1.1.7 and not 1.7 which just came out. Where is the thread for 1.7 support?

Magento Community
Magento Community

ydjseller

Total Posts:  8

i got 500 error and fixed the .htaccess , the error still there

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community