Magento Forum

Magento image problems - not Flash player fault

Sunlust

Total Posts:  9
Eastbourne, East Sussex

Hi,

We recently installed Magento on our new VPS.

We are experiencing the issue with image uploading, the popup box appears (I have Flash player 10 and I’m using IE7, I tried with Flashplayer 9 on firefox/opera but my issue was still present) then I choose my file and upload it, the upload finishes, shows “ Complete” and is green but there are no files in the list above it.
When I try to “save and continue editing” it gives me the usuall flash/whatever popup saying “please wait” with the animation but nothing happens, I waited for 5 minutes and nothing.
My guess is that after uploading the image, it should appear in the list above and give me a choice which images goes where, but nothing like this happens.

Any idea what might be causing this strange issue? I’ve done the search but I couldn’t find anything relating to this issue, only the Flash Player problems people have.

NOTE: I installed newest product sample, and newest magento over it, it all works fine etc.
url: http://audiotrak.co.uk/magento/

EDIT: Uploading the image for a category worked fine.

Image Attachments
problem.jpg

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Sebastian G
Guru

Total Posts:  336

Have you checked the permissions for Media directory?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Brandlive_br
Guru

Total Posts:  653
Buenos Aires, Argentina

Maye the temporal folder, where php create the temporary file, doesn’t have the correct permissions or maybe doesn’t exists (I saw that problem a few months ago).

--
Damián

Magento Community
Magento Community

Sunlust

Total Posts:  9
Eastbourne, East Sussex

Tomas G. - 19 November 2008 08:50 AM

Have you checked the permissions for Media directory?

Hi, I didn’t have to change any permissions because the media folder is writeable by server, uploading images for a category works just fine.

Anyway, I’ll check a fix my host sent me today and then I’ll patch my version to 1.1.7, hopefully this’ll fix the issues.

Thanks for the answers guys.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Stefan Graf

Total Posts:  7

Please fix this upload JS for Flash player 10, we can’t tell our customers to install Flash Player 9 to upload images.

I tried 1.1.7 and it seems that the problem is still not fixed, getting Error #2176 messages still.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ecommerce-store

Total Posts:  181
Roma

YES, please fix this problem, our customer are devastated about that becouse they think that 1.1.7 will be the stable one. Sooooon pleaseeeeee. Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

Brandlive_br
Guru

Buenos Aires, Argentina

The upload problem was fixed in Magento 1.1.7.
I make test with Windwos and Linux with Flash Player 9 and 10, and works fine.

Magento Community
Magento Community

dcpr

Total Posts:  1

Could the magento team provide instructions on how to fix the Flash 10 issue on version 1.1.6. For some of us, keeping up with updating to newer versions so often is a major project and at times means long service interruptions, so it needs to be done at the appropriate date and time. In the meantime, we need to solve the image upload issue.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Brandlive_br
Guru

Buenos Aires, Argentina

I didn’t try (because I was with that when Magento 1.1.7 was launched), but maybe you can follow this two links.

http://blog.increosolutions.com/2008/10/the-flash-10-upload-debacle/

And

http://github.com/bschwartz/swfupload/tree/master

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community