Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How can i disable Mage_Log

x_cem

Total Posts:  8

Hi There,

How can i disable logging information( log_url, log_quote, log_visitor_info, report_event...etc ), System > Configuration > Advanced > Mage_Log => disable but doesn’t work :s. Do you have any idea.

Magento 1.5.1.0
Thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

imwy2cool

Total Posts:  164

Yes, I second this! There should be a way to disable this. I find this information is quite useless and I feel it bogs down the system. I’m sure there are good uses for it . . . but for many all it does is bog down the database. I know we can set up a cron to clear the logs, but it would be nice to just disable them.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Magestore
Mentor

Total Posts:  1015
Viet Nam

Hello,

I think you can disable logging information (log_url, log_quote, log_visitor_info, report_event...etc) by selecting the menu: System/Configuration/Developer, select tab Log settings and set “No” for enable field and then click on button Save Config.

Magento Community
Magento Community

x_cem

magestore - 14 July 2011 07:41 AM

Hello,

I think you can disable logging information (log_url, log_quote, log_visitor_info, report_event...etc) by selecting the menu: System/Configuration/Developer, select tab Log settings and set “No” for enable field and then click on button Save Config.

Hi There,

Thank you for answer. Log settings all ready “No"… Doesn’t work…

Magento Community
Magento Community

x_cem

magestore - 14 July 2011 07:41 AM

Hello,

Hi There,

Thank you for answer. Log settings all ready “No"… Doesn’t work…

Magento Community
Magento Community

Alaska

Total Posts:  4

See this:

http://www.edmondscommerce.co.uk/magento/magento-disable-logging-without-editing-core-files/

That page explains how to modify app/etc/local.xml to disable logging for:

log_url
log_url_info
log_visitor
log_visitor_info

Works in Magento CE 1.7.0.2 (don’t know for other versions).

Before the local.xml solution I used a cron job to daily clean old log entries. I was informed of local.xml solution by my hosting provider where within a few hour period my site was bombarded with pageviews putting an extreme load on the server partly because of extreme growth of the above log tables and the high-frequency db calls.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community